I decided to showcase two cards...one simple and clean, one vintage and distressed. Enjoy!
Vintage Toxic Treats
My fellow design team member at Freshly Made Sketches, Linda Suarez, recently posted a Halloween card featuring a witch flying across the moon. I loved it so much, I decided to try to create a Stampin' Up! version of the witch.
- I'll get you, my pretty! The Witch on the Broom was selectively snipped from the Toxic Treats image and popped upon a stylized moon punched from More Mustard card stock which had been stamped with the Journaling Circle from Everything Eleanor! Of course, even a witch needs her pearls!
- A patchwork quilt! Squares of Howlstooth and Scaringbone Designer Series Paper were adhered to a card stock and passed through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. It was then brayered lightly with Crumb Cake ink to age it.
This little cutie was created in under 15 minutes. I hope you enjoy it!
- Selectively ink! The Happy Halloween sentiment from Delightful Dozen was selectively inked with an Early Espresso Stampin' Write Marker, eliminating the pumpkin. It was stamped within the Dotted Oval from Joyous Celebrations and punched out with the Extra-Large Oval Punch.
- Artsy arachnid! The Spider from Spooky Things (part of the MDS Nite Owl Digital Download) was sized to be the perfect size for the embossed Spider Web. It was then printed in Early Espresso and snipped out. And what better way to bedeck this beastie than with Basic Rhinestones!
As a little Halloween treat, I am offering you a chance at Blog Candy. Simply leave a comment on this post by Friday, 11:00 PM CST. I will randomly select one winner to receive this Toxic Treats stamp set. The winner will be announced on Saturday, October 13th!
Now it's time to hop along for more tricks and treats and spooky ideas from Nicole Watt at Impressions by Nicole, stop # 18 on the Pals Trick-or-Treat Blog Hop! Don't forget to leave me a comment for your chance to win the Toxic Treats stamp set. Your comments are important to me, and I do read each and every one. Of course, I am always available to answer any questions you may have about the cards I create or the techniques I use. Until next time...
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Barb Furlong at The Love of Stamping
- Kim Czenszak at Live Love Stamp
- Nicole Picadura at Scraps & Stamps
- Mary Fish at Stampin' Pretty
- Beth Beard at My Little Craft Blog
- Peggy Noe at Prettypapercards.com
- Kerry Willard Bray at Stampgoodness
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb...
- Naki Rager at ...notes from Naki
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin Sunshine
- Claire Crotteau-Hutt at Stamppaperscissors
- Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter
- Laurie Chilton at Stampin' Ink
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Ann Schach at The Stampin' Schach
- Nicole Watt at Impressions by Nicole
- Shannon Hokanson at My Stampin Blog
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Sandra Conner at Pretty Provisions
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin' Space