Several of you have asked for a tutorial on how I made the Seam Binding Rosettes on this card:
Here is a repeat of a pictorial posted back on November 2, 2011. Although the color of the seam binding used is different, the process is still the same!
1. Punch a 3/4" circle from card stock.
2. Cover with Sticky Strip or other adhesive.
3. Snip off a 6" piece of Seam Binding.
4. Pull out one or two threads from one end.
5. Shirr the seam binding by pulling on the threads. But be careful...don't pull the thread completely out!
6. Double the shirred seam binding and wrap thread around it all to form a blossom.
7. Attach to the Sticky Strip covered circle, and trim off the excess.
(Note: For the rosettes on the Banner Card, the tails were left on.)
8. Form a "leaf" in the same manner and attach. Trim off the excess.
9. Add a pearl.
10. To make your roses fuller, simply
use a longer piece of seam binding and "scrunchy" it up as you add it to
the card stock circle.
As with every new skill, your roses will get better with practice. I hope you enjoy them! Until next time...