My card actually completes several of the rows. It is square, uses ribbon, and uses Designer Series Paper. But, it also has flowers, is blue, and springy! Of course, the center square can be anything you wish! In my case, it could be glitter...or butterflies...or pearls! You get the picture! I hope you have as much fun as I did selecting my squares...and I hope that you enjoy today's feminine and shabby chic card!
The Stampin' Schach Design Tips: A Lesson in Feminine and Shabby ChicThe finished card measures 5-1/4" x 5-1/4".
- Fabby and shabby! With feminine and shabby cards, select patterns and colors carefully. Soft colors, along with florals and flourishes, set the stage for a fabulously feminine card. These patterns were all selected from the Beau Chateau Designer Series Paper collection. Even the adorable border was punched from this collection using the retiring Doily Triple Layer Punch!
- Butterflies and pearls! Beautiful Wings Embosslit Butterflies, cut from Marina Mist card stock and Beau Chateau Designer Series Paper, are layered and embellished with Basic Pearls for a delightfully feminine touch!
- All that glitters! The Floral image from Elements of Style was stamped onto a Very Vanilla Framelits Label. It was lightly tinted with Blender Pens and Pink Pirouette, Marina Mist, and Always Artichoke inks. Dazzling Diamonds glitter was then adhered to the centers of certain flowers for sparkle a-plenty!
- Beau and bow! A Marina Mist satin bow, crafted from retired ribbon, is the perfect compliment to Beau Chateau paper. No Marina Mist? No problem! Very Vanilla would look just as lovely!
- I'm a Fan of the Ban-ner! I love the look of a banner sentiment! Happiest Birthday, from Apothecary Art was inked in Soft Suede and stamped onto Very Vanilla card stock. As for the yummy curl, I used the Round File from the Distressing Essentials Kit. Tip: Keep it soft! Soft Suede ink is perfect for inking a shabby sentiment, while Crumb Cake ink and the Waterspot image from French Foliage (stamped off once) is perfect for distressing!
Let me know what you think of my feminine and shabby card in today's comment. Your comments are important to me, and I do read each and every one. Of course, I am always available to answer any questions that you may have about the cards that I create and the techniques that I use! Until next time...
The Paper Players Design Team
Red indicate Retiring or Reconfiguring product))Stamp Sets: Elements of Style (W 118611, C 120045), Apothecary Art (Occasions Mini W 125525, C 125527), French Foliage (W 120845, C 121166); Inks: Soft Suede (115657), Crumb Cake (121030), Marina Mist (119668), Pink Pirouette (111838), Always Artichoke (105219); Designer Series Paper: Beau Chateau (122357); Card Stock: Very Vanilla (101650), Marina Mist (119682); Tools: Big Shot (113439), Labels Collection Framelits (125598), Ovals Originals Die (114525), Finial Press Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (115963), Doily Triple Layer Punch (122465), Distressing Essentials Kit (118762), Sponge Daubers (102892), Blender Pens (102845); Glitz and Glam: Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter (102023), Basic Pearls (119247), Marina Mist 5/8" Satin Ribbon (Retired)