Have you ever needed just a little something for a friend's birthday? How about a decorated matchbox with coordinating card? Stampin' Up!'s Matchbox Bigz XL Die, which is the perfect size for a few pieces of yummy chocolate or a piece of jewelry, takes on even more pizzazz when paired with a small gift card and matching envelope. This easy to make gift card was inspired from one featured during a Main Stage presentation by Donna Griffith at the Milwaukee Regional. I made a few little changes, and added Basic Pearls. The emphasis was on keeping this little ensemble quick and easy! I hope you enjoy it!
The Stampin' Schach Design Tips: Vintage Gift BoxThe gift card measures 3" x 3".
- Go with the Faux! Faux Sueded Peach Parfait flowers are the perfect embellishment for a Peach Parfait Matchbox! Three flowers were punched using the 1-3/4" Scallop Circle Punch. A hole was then punched in the middle of each. The fibers in the card stock were broken down by repeatedly folding and unfolding. In addition, they were curled over the edge of a bone folder. Once the paper was softened, each scallop circle was separated into two layers. The layers were then stacked and held in position with a small brad. After spritzing with Vanilla Shimmer Smooch, the flower was shaped.
- Easy Peasy Three-by-Threesy! The "Frame" from the Sale-A-Bration set Elementary Elegance was inked in VersaMark and stamped onto Peach Parfait card stock. It was then heat embossed using White Stampin' Emboss Powder! Basic Pearls enhance the Calypso Coral Happy Birthday sentiment, also from the Elementary Elegance set.
- Envelope Envy! A 5" by 5" square of Sale-A-Bration's Everyday Enchantment Designer Series Paper was transformed into a custom made envelope in seconds with the new Simply Scored Diagonal Plate.
- A Video View! For more information on making custom envelopes with the Simply Scored Diagonal Plate, watch this video from Stampin' Up!
- The Ol' Switcheroo! In case you are wondering, I did switch out the Poppy Parade Bow for a Pear Pizzazz Bow. Which do you like best? Any guesses as to which one I prefer?
I hope you enjoyed today's project. The Milwaukee Regional was certainly inspiring and I have much more to share. But, what could be more inspiring that talking with Shelli herself! Boy, do I feel short!
As always, your comments are important to me, and I enjoy our chats! Remember, if you ever have any questions about the cards that I create or the techniques I use, I am only an email away! Until next time...
Stamp Set: Elementary Elegance (Sale-A-Bration); Inks: VersaMark, Calypso Coral; Designer Series Paper: Everyday Enchantment (Sale-A-Bration), Nursery Nest; Card Stock: Peach Parfait, Pear Pizzazz, Very Vanilla; Tools: Big Shot, Tasteful Trim Bigz XL Die, Matchbox Bigz XL Die, Labels Collection Framelits, Snow Burst Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, 1-3/4" Scallop Circle Punch, Two Step Bird Punch, Curly Label Punch, Heat Tool, White Stampin' Emboss Powder; Glitz and Glam: Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz, Pear Pizzazz 1/2" Stitched Poly-Ribbon, Poppy Parade 1/2" Stitched Poly-Ribbon, Basic Pearls