Yee haw! Howdy, Pardners! It's Thursday and time to play with the Pals at Pals Paper Arts! The talented Margaret Moody has designed another fabulous sketch for us. I have been rearin' to use the Out West set since I purchased it several months ago. I know...I know...It has been sitting gathering dust all that time. I just could not find the right way in which to use it, until this sketch came along. With a huge image space available, I envisioned showcasing the horse image. But to my dismay, the image looked miniscule. Then I had an "ah-ha" moment! I was gonna lasso me up a sentiment! I hope you enjoy today's masculine card. It's perfect for a rootin' tootin' birthday card for the special cowboy in your life!
The Stampin' Schach Design Tips: Masculine and WesternThe finished dimensions of this card are 5-1/2" wide x 4-1/4" long.
- Perfect Paper! What could be better paper for a masculine card than the Well Worn collection! By turning the "Brick" pattern on its side, you have instant barnboard! Plus, there is no need to distress this rustic looking paper, thus saving time!
- A Horse is a Horse! In keeping with the muted tones of the paper, our horse and rider are bedecked in Cajun Craze, Not Quite Navy, and Soft Suede. Popping our pony up on Stampin' Dimensionals adds depth to this card! Go gettum', Cowboy!
- Lassoing Up a Happy Birthday! The "Happy Birthday" sentiment is from the Best Dad Ever stamp set and is the perfect font for a masculine card. Inked in Early Espresso and stamped onto Very Vanilla, the banner has been pennant-snipped, edge distressed, and speckled using the Color Spritzer Tool.
- Texture! Naturals Ivory card stock was zipped through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. The absence of any stamping allows the eye to focus on this card's "wow" factor...the lasso! Tip: To add more depth, use the debossed side of the "plus" signs!
- Steering You in the Right Direction! The Steer Head Skull make a perfect embellishment, especially when sporting a coil of Hemp Twine rope!
(Please note: For some reason my blog is experiencing problems. I am having it checked out. It appears that some of you can access it, some of you can't. Arghhh! Technology...what can I say???)
Stamp Sets: Out West, Best Dad Ever; Inks: Soft Suede, Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, Not Quite Navy, Early Espresso Stampin' Write Marker; Designer Series Paper: Well Worn; Card Stock: River Walk, Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla, Naturals Ivory; Tools: Paper Snips, Big Shot, Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Color Spritzer Tool, Sponge Dauber, Blender Pen; Glitz and Glam: Hemp Twine, Basic Pearls