It has been awhile since I have posted a "From Me to You" card, and I have had several requests to do one again. In case you have forgotten, a "From Me to You" card can be completed in 45 minutes or less. I also provide you with the steps to recreate the card, including dimensions. This card clocked in at 42 minutes. Of course, you can always add more or do more if you have the time! To jump-start today's card, I began with a great sketch...this time from Freshly Made Sketches. Of course, since it is not a "clean" card, I will not be entering it into their challenge. I just had to add the distressing!
Step-by-Step Tutorial: Quick and Easy VintageThe finished dimensions are 4-1/4" wide x 5-1/2" long.
- Cut a card base from Crumb Cake and zip the front of it through the Big Shot with the Finial Press Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. Tip: For a vintage card, use a vintage pattern. Using a Brayer, lightly roll Crumb Cake ink over the embossing. Using a Sponge Dauber, distress the edges with Crumb Cake. Tip: Use tone-on-tone for a more subtle effect.
- Cut a 2-3/8" wide by 4-3/8" long panel from Everyday Enchantment Designer Series Paper. Mat onto Poppy Parade card stock, leaving 1/16" borders on all sides. Tip: Look for vintage patterns to add instant vintage style to a card quickly!
- Using Naturals Ivory card stock, cut your image panel at 2-3/4" square. Ink up the image from the Fresh Vintage stamp set using Poppy Parade, Lucky Limeade, and Pool Party Stampin' Write Markers, and stamp onto the image panel. Using the Seven Sided Tool from the Cutter Kit, distress the edges. Shade using Crumb Cake ink and a Sponge Dauber. Mat onto Poppy Parade card stock, leaving 1/16" border on all sides. Tip: Naturals Ivory card stock contains subtle flecks...no need to use the Color Spritzer Tool!
- Add a ribbon and bow made from Lucky Limeade and Calypso Coral Ruffled Ribbon. Tip: The Ruffled Ribbon adds vintage flair in seconds!
- Create a Poppy Parade Butterfly using the Beautiful Wings Embosslit. Add Basic Pearls and spritz with Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz.
- Assemble your card as shown in the sketch. Add Basic Pearls to the flowers.
As always, I appreciate your comments and your emails. I do read each and every one of them. And don't forget, I LOVE answering any questions that you may have about the cards that I create or the techniques that I use. I am only an email away! Until next time...