It's Sunday and time to play with The Paper Players. This week the talented Jaydee is hosting a theme challenge: Spring! And what says Spring better than Butterflies and Blooms! I hope you enjoy my clean and elegant Spring card!
The Stampin' Schach Design Tips: Clean and ElegantThe finished dimensions of this card are 4-1/4" wide x 5-1/2" long.
- Razzle Dazzle! Rich Razzleberry Field Flowers sparkle with the addition of Dazzling Diamond centers! I love adding glitter with Stampin' Up!'s Two Way Glue Pen. It's my favorite way to glitterize!
- Pearlicious Papillons! What better way to add elegance to butterflies than with Basic Pearls!
- It's Bow Time! A beautiful bow is the perfect finishing touch to a clean and elegant card. Satin Ribbon works best for adding a touch of class, and is easy to work with!
- Less is More! Look at the difference between my first card, with three butterflies, and my finished card, with two. Although the third butterfly is gorgeous in itself, it is too large and throws off the balance. In this case, less is certainly more!
|The large butterfly overpowers the design|
|The design is now opened up|
- What's Your Angle? Look at the difference changing the angle of the larger of the two butterflies makes! Once again, it is all about the balance!
|After changing the angle|
This card will be winging its way to Jasmin Arakawa, Brady Schach's accompanist. Jasmin is extremely talented, as you will see if you check out her website. And speaking of Brady, he did a fabulous job Friday evening performing the Jolivet Concertino with the Western Illinois University Orchestra. To top off the evening, Brady was the featured soloist during the Orchestra's performance of selections from Bizet's Carmen. I hope to have a recording available later. In the meantime, I would love to share Brady's publicity photo, which was taken by KimAnne Photography. She does excellent work!
I hope you enjoyed today's card, and that you will check out the rest of what the design team has created for you. As always, I do appreciate your comments! Of course, if you ever have any questions about the cards that I create or the techniques that I use, I am only an email away! Until next time...
The Paper Players Design Team
Stamp Set: Field Flowers (W 122760, C 122762); Inks: Old Olive (102277), Rich Razzleberry (115658), Pale Plum (retired); Card Stock: Whisper White (100730), Rich Razzleberry (115316); Designer Series Paper: Cheerful Treat (122381---Hostess Item); Tools: Big Shot (113439), Beautiful Wings Embosslit (118138), Two Way Glue Pen (100425); Glitz and Glam: Dazzling Diamonds (102023), Basic Pearls (119247), 5/8" Rich Razzleberry Satin Ribbon (retired)