What a Sunday The Paper Players have planned for you! First of all, this week's challenge is the ever-popular Anything Goes! In addition, we have our first Paper Players Blog Hop in order to showcase the new products from the Occasion Mini. And if that isn't enough...several members of the Design Team are offering yummy Blog Candy. If you hopped here from Anne Marie's blog, I am Stop #2 on the Hop. Stop #3 will be Jaydee. And if you happen to get lost along the way, just return to The Paper Players' blog, where the entire line-up is posted. Since you have several stops to make today, let's get straight to my card.
When I first saw this set in the Occasions Mini, I knew I had to have it! This is the third card I have created with this set. (See the other two Here and Here.) This time I selected a different color scheme and opted to use the blue "Birdcage" pattern from the Botanical Gazette Designer Series Paper collection. Enjoy today's Nature "Blog" Walk card!
The Stampin' Schach Design Tips:
- Frame it! The Framed Tulips Textured Impressions Embossing Folder is perfect for adding just a touch of texture. Don't be afraid to emboss Designer Series Paper, such as I did for today's card. It works just fine! And don't forget those to make those tulips "pop" by lightly brayering with Soft Suede ink.
- Emboss it! The "Bird" stamp was inked with Chocolate Chip Craft Ink and then heat embossed with Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder to enhance the image.
- Color it! Rosettes from the Occasions Mini can be easily transformed into any hue you wish. Simply use a Stampin' Write Marker and color away!
- Scrunch it! Seam Binding is so easy to scrunch. Simply pull a thread and schirr along its length. The result...instant scrunchy! I then used Mini Glue Dots to adhere it to the card.
- Oh, bee-have! The adorable Bees are "bee-decked" in their finest glittery Dazzling Diamond Glitter. A Basic Pearl accents the head. Aren't they just "bee-utiful?
- End with a smooch! Everything was liberally kissed with Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz for a fabulous sheen!
For my Blog Candy, I am offering the Punch Potpourri Hostess Level 1 stamp set and Basic Pearls. All you need to do is simply leave a comment on today's post. A winner will be randomly selected from comments left on this post and announced on next Sunday's post.
So...leave me a comment and let me know what you think of today's card. And remember, if you ever have any questions about the cards that I create or the techniques that I use, I am only an email away! Until next time...
Next stop on the Hop, the always fabulous Jaydee!
Stamp Set: Nature Walk; Inks: Soft Suede Classic, Early Espresso Classic, Soft Suede Classic, Chocolate Chip Craft; Stampin' Write Markers: Soft Suede, Always Artichoke, Marina Mist; Designer Series Paper: Botanical Gazette; Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Marina Mist; Tools: Big Shot, Framed Tulips Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Paper Snips, Heat Tool, Color Spritzer Tool, Sponge Dauber, Two-Step Bird Punch, Brayer; Glitz and Glam: Chantilly Crochet Trim, Hemp Twine, Antique Brass Jumbo Eyelet, Iridiscent Ice Stampin' Emboss Powder, Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Basic Pearls, Rosettes, Crumb Cake Seam Binding