Wednesday, November 2, 2011
Roses created from Stampin' Up!'s Seam Binding are an easy way to add "WOW" to any project! Learn how to make your own following these easy steps!
1. Punch a 3/4" circle from card stock.
2. Cover with Sticky Strip or other adhesive.
3. Snip off a 6" piece of Seam Binding.
4. Pull out one or two threads from one end.
5. Shirr the seam binding by pulling on the threads. But be careful...don't pull the thread completely out!
6. Double the shirred seam binding and wrap thread around it all to form a blossom.
7. Attach to the Sticky Strip covered circle, and trim off the excess.
8. Form a "leaf" in the same manner and attach. Trim off the excess.
9. Add a pearl.
10. To make your roses fuller, simply use a longer piece of seam binding and "scrunchy" it up as you add it to the card stock circle.
As with every new skill, your roses will get better with practice. I hope you enjoy them! Until next time...
Posted by Ann Schach at 7:49 PM