It's Sunday and time to "Play with The Paper Players"! The lovely Jaydee has prepared a Clean and Simple Color Challenge for us this week. Those of you who are regulars here at The Stampin' Schach know that I am usually not a "clean and simple" stamper. But you know what...I am becoming a fan of what I like to call "Clean and Classy". I hope you enjoy today's classy card using the Bright Hopes set!
The Stampin' Schach Design Tips: Creating Clean and Classy CardsToday's card measures 5-1/4" x 5-1/4" inches.
- Texture! The Snow Burst Textured Impressions Embossing Folder adds interest in the wink of an eye, and a crank or two of the Big Shot handle!
- Turn up the heat! The Tree and Decorative Oval images from Bright Hopes were inked in VersaMark and heat embossed with Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder. Wow! This set was tailor made for heat embossing. I can't wait to try it in gold!
- A Pearly Paint Job! Did you know you can custom-dye your pearls? I wanted Night of Navy Pearls, but I did not have a navy permanent marker. Soooo...I made another magic potion using Crystal Effects and Night of Navy Craft Ink Refill. I poured out a little Crystal Effects, added a dab of re-inker and mixed the two together. I then painted it onto the pearls. It results in a somewhat matte finish, so if you want shine, add a topcoat of Crystal Effects.
- Bow! Satin is the ribbon of choice for a classy, elegant card. And it just so happens that I still have some now retired Night of Navy 5/8" Satin Ribbon. Basic Gray, which is currently available, would make a wonderful substitution!
- Stamp Set Substitution! Would you like to make this card, but you didn't purchase Bright Hopes? Snow Swirled would make a perfect substitute!
I hope you enjoyed today's card. Please let me know what you think in your comment today. I do read each and every one of them, and I enjoy our email chats! Speaking of emails, if you ever have any questions about the cards that I create or the techniques that I use, I am only an email away! Until next time...
Stamp Set: Bright Hopes (W 122690, C 122692); Inks: VersaMark (102283), Night of Navy Craft Ink Refill (103131); Card Stock: Whisper White (100730), Night of Navy (100867), Brushed Silver (100712); Tools: Big Shot (113439), Snow Burst Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (124096), Heat Tool (100005), Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder (109131), Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch (119275), Crystal Effects (101055); Glitz and Glam: Basic Pearls (119247), Night of Navy 5/8" Satin Ribbon (retired), Night of Navy 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (retired)