The Stampin' Schach Design Tips: A Circular Collage
Today's card is: 4-1/4" wide x 5-1/2" long.
- Anchor your design! Every circular collage needs an anchor. Since I wanted a feminine card I wanted a feminine "anchor". My choice was to snip a doily from the Flirtatious Designer Series Paper. I used the white side and brayered on Very Vanilla ink to change it to a hue in this card's color palette.
- Select a larger focal point! Since the Silhouette from Forever Young is very small, I framed it. And then to add even more size, I framed the Forever Young Frame within the Oval Designer Frame created with the Designer Frames Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.
- Balance! Smaller elements were then added to balance the design. I selected a cute Postage Stamp from the Beau Chateau Side Notes, the Dress Form from Established Elegance, and snippets of flowers from the Floral Spray from Elements of Style.
- Distress! A Sponge Dauber and Soft Suede ink were used to distress all edges and add to the vintage look.
- Do over! As I looked at this card while writing this post, I thought to myself..."Hmmm! Something is missing." So I broke down and added a few...pearls.
Sometimes husbands can be so precious. As always, after I created my card I had my husband, Kim, take a look at it. He really liked the pink "Dummy". "Dummy?" I said. Then it dawned on me...he meant the Dress Form.
And sometimes, puppies can be so irritating. As I was writing today's post, a freshly bathed and show-groomed Brody James Schach decided to explore the not-so-clean fireplace. He has been mesmorized by it the past few days, and I can only assume that we have birds down the chimney. He shoved the fire screen out of place, and was able to position the front half of his body inside. Note to self: Remove the stylish fire screen and put the doors back on.
I hope that you enjoyed today's card. Remember...it will be heading off to a randomly selected winner. Your comments are important to me, and I do read each and every one. I also welcome your questions about the cards that I make and the techniques that I use. I am only an email away. Until next time...
Stamp Sets: Forever Young (W 122570, C 122572), Established Elegance (W 122530, C 122532), You're a Gem (W 122268, C 122270), Elements of Style (W 118611 C 120045); Inks: Very Vanilla (104308), Soft Suede (115657), Pink Pirouette (111838), Marina Mist (119668), VersaMark (102283), Soft Suede Craft (119719); Designer Series Paper: Flirtatious (122360), Beau Chateau (122357), Beau Chateau Side Notes (122379); Card Stock: Pink Pirouette (111351), Marina Mist (119682), Very Vanilla (101650); Tools: Big Shot (113439), Designer Frames Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (123130), Snow Burst Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (124096), Small Oval Frame (120908), Corner Rounder (119871), Paper Snips (103579), Sponge Dauber (102892), Heat Tool (100005), Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (109130), Brayer (102395); Glitz and Glam: Basic Pearls (119247), Dazzling Details (124117)