It's Thursday and time to play at Pals Paper Arts! And what better way to get those creative juices flowing than with a sketch by talented Pal, Margaret Moody! I hope you enjoy this vintage-style friendship card featuring the gorgeous Beau Chateau Designer Series Paper!
The Stampin' Schach Design Tips: Vintage and Lovin' It
- Have a yearning for Faux Burning? It's so easy! Simply tear the Designer Series Paper up and towards you, then blacken the edge using a Sponge Dauber and Soft Suede ink.
- Spritz and crinkle for a vintage wrinkle! I took First Edition Specialty Designer Series Paper, and tore and distressed the edges with Soft Suede ink. Then I spritzed it with Stampin' Mist, and crumpled it up. After carefully unfolding the rectangle, it was allowed to air dry. It forms a fabulous mat for the Chicken Wire pattern!
- Who can resist Emboss Resist? The Flourish from Elements of Style was inked in VersaMark and stamped onto the Chicken Wire paper. It was then heat embossed using Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder. Next, Marina Mist ink was applied over the top using a Stampin' Sponge.
- A butterfly flutters by...on a pearl encrusted Mini Clothespin! A whimsical touch which adds so much!
- Scrunchy and bunchy! Shirring ribbon is a breeze. I simply pull a thread and shirr away!
- The "Pearl-fect" Punch! A Blossom Bouquet Triple Punch flower is cut in half and decked out in Basic Pearls. This is designed to make you say "Wow"!
I hope you enjoyed today's reveal. Remember, this card will be winging its way to one lucky person who will be randomly selected from everyone who leaves comments today and yesterday. The winner will be named in the next post.
So...what do you think of today's card? I think the Beau Chateau Designer Series Paper is a wonderful choice for creating a vintage/shabby chic style of card. As always...I LOVE answering your questions about the cards that I create or the techniques that I use. Never hesitate to email me! Until next time...
Coming Soon: Blog Candy, CASE of the Week, a special birthday card for Michelle the Handler, and my HUGE retired stamp list
Stamp Sets: You're a Gem (W 122268, C 122270), Elements of Style (W 118611, C 120045), Creative Elements (W 122645, C 122647); Inks: VersaMark (102283), Soft Suede (115657), Marina Mist (119668); Designer Series Paper: Beau Chateau (122357), First Edition (121878); Card Stock: Pink Pirouette (111351), Baja Breeze (111352), Very Vanilla (101650); Tools: Heat Tool (100005), Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (109130), Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch (122464), Sponge Dauber (102892), Stamping Sponge (101610), Distressing Essentials (118762), Cutter Kit (106958); Glitz and Glam: Baja Breeze Seam Binding (122331), Mini Clothespins (122942), Basic Pearls (119247), Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz (118772), Vintage Trinkets (118764)