It's Sunday and time for a fabulous Paper Players Sketch designed by Lesley! I used this opportunity to ink up Stampin' Up!'s Sail Away stamp, and engage in a little emboss resist! I hope that you will enjoy Sailing with The Paper Players and join us in our challenge this week!
The Stampin' Schach Stampin' Tips:
- Who can resist the Emboss Resist technique! I prefer Naturals Ivory, White Stampin' Emboss Powder and Crumb Cake ink. If you are new to the technique, here is a video tutorial from earlier this year to explain how it's done:
Looking for the Vintage look???
- Curl the corners! I simply wrap and unwrap corners around a Stylus until the paper fibers break down. I then separate the layers and re-curl!
- Distress the edges! Soft Suede ink and a Sponge Dauber work wonders in adding a nice patina to the edges of all layers.
- It's all in the details! An adorable Vintage Trinkets Safety Pin adorns a Hemp Twine bow! An Antique Brad adds interest to a corner.
- Spritz it! The Color Spritzer Tool, paired with a Soft Suede Stampin' Write Marker, ages paper instantly. And with the CST, practice makes perfect!
- Anchors aweigh! Emboss resist Anchors, from the Open Sea stamp set, receive the unexpected with a twist of Hemp Twine!
What do you think of today's monochromatic vintage card? Won't you leave me a comment and let me know? And remember, if you ever have any questions about the cards that I create or the techniques that I use, I am only an email away! Until next time...
Stamp Set: Sail Away (123013), The Open Sea (W 123030, C 123032), Plane & Simple (W 121903, C 121964); Inks: VersaMark (102283), Crumb Cake (121030), Soft Suede (115657), Soft Suede Stampin' Write Marker (120973); Paper: Nautical Expeditions DSP (122343), First Edition DSP (121878), Naturals Ivory (101849); Tools: Heat Tool (100005), White Stampin' Emboss Powder (109132), Sponge Dauber (102892), Stampin' Sponge (101610), Cutter Kit (106958), Color Spritzer Tool (107066), Decorative Label Punch (120907), Dotted Scalloped Ribbon Border Punch (119275), Stylus (100663), 1/16th Circle Punch (101227); Glitz and Glam: Hemp Twine (100982), Antique Brad (117273), Vintage Trinkets (118764)