It's Thursday and time to play at Pals Paper Arts! What could be better to get those creative juices flowing than an Elements of Style Challenge featuring Buttons! I am using a new set from Stampin' Up!'s Summer Mini catalog, which goes live May 1st, entitled Proud Peacock. I will be anxious to hear what you think of this set! So...let's get right to the design tips!The Stampin' Schach Stampin' Tips:
- Random Stamping! The "Floral" image from Proud Peacock was inked in Jet Black StazOn onto Whisper White card stock. Stampin' Write Markers in Pacific Point, Melon Mambo and Old Olive were used for coloring. I simply outlined with the marker, and spread the color with a Blender Pen! The "Peacock" image was colored in exactly the same way!
- Focal Point! The Peacock was perched into a place of honor upon a Melon Mambo Dotted Pattern Paper rosette, which was anchored onto an Old Olive 2-3/8" Scallop Circle.
- Pearls! Basic Pearls adorn the Peacock, the Flowers and the edges of the Scallop Circle to add a touch of elegance!
- Button Blossom! A Melon Mambo and Whisper White Blossom was punched using the new Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch. A Pacific Point Button, left over from the Sale-A-Bration Ice Cream Parlor Button Pack, was adhered to the middle. Although this item is no longer available, Daffodil Delight or Old Olive buttons from the Brights Designer Buttons collection would be perfect substitutes!
- Ribbon and Twine! Who can resist Old Olive Satin Ribbon when it is scrunchied to perfection? All I did was pull a thread and shirr! White Baker's Twine forms the perfect accent to set off the button!
Bright colors were selected to complement the whimsical nature of this set, while pearls and ribbon bespeak elegance. Won't you please leave me a comment and let me know what you think about today's card? And as always, if you ever have question about the cards that I create or the techniques that I use, I am only an email away. Until next time...
Coming Soon: Buried Treasure, Parade of Birthday Cards, Introducing the Newest Member of The Schach Pack
Stamp Set: Proud Peacock (W 122020, C 122031---Summer Mini), You're A Gem (W 122268, C 122270---Occasions Mini); Ink: Jet Black StazOn (101406); Stampin' Write Markers: Pacific Point (120968), Melon Mambo (121074), Old Olive (100079), Daffodil Delight (119677); Designer Series Paper: Brights Patterns Paper Packs (117155); Card Stock: Whisper White Textured (119952), Pacific Point (111350), Old Olive (100702), Melon Mambo (115320); Tools: Paper Snips (103579), 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch (118874), 1-3/8" Circle Punch (119850),1-3/8" x 5/8" Oval Punch (119863), Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch (122464---Summer Mini), Color Spritzer Tool (107066); Glitz and Glam: Basic Pearls (119247), Old Olive 5/8" Satin Ribbon (117292), White Baker's Twine (124262), Brights Designer Buttons (119747) substitute for Ice Cream Parlor Button Pack (Not Available)