It's February, and "Love is in the Air" at The Paper Players! Our challenge for you this week is to create a romantic project. How simple is that! So dust off those romantic stamps and join us! As for me...I selected the Always set from Stampin' Up! Since the key and butterfly cast a shadow, here is another view:
I hope that you will join us this week. I can't wait to see what you create!
- Emboss resist! The Heart image from Always was inked with VersaMark and stamped onto Very Vanilla card stock. It was then heat embossed with White Stampin' Emboss Powder. Next, Crumb Cake ink was sponged over the surface, using a circular motion, and then wiped off. What a beautiful soft and aged affect!
- Wheelies! The emboss resist technique was also used on the Always in Bloom Stampin' Around Wheel to make the image really "pop"!
- Flower power! The shabby chic flower was created using the Birds & Blooms Sizzlits. I used a scrap of Very Vanilla card stock that had been texturized using the Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. The edges of the petals were distressed with Soft Suede.
- Snippets! Snippets of Pretty in Pink Taffeta Ribbon and Victoria Crochet Lace adorn the flower.
- Butterlies! A bevy of Blushing Bride butterfly beauties, created with the Beautiful Wings Embosslit, accent the flower, as well as the corner of the image mat.
- Glitz and glam! Basic Pearls embellish butterfly wings! Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz adds sparkle to the flower! The Trinket Key to my heart is the perfect touch!
I hope you enjoyed my "romantic" card. Muffy the Boxer added her own special distressing touch...the tear by the trio of pearls! I will need to make certain that this card goes to someone who understands and appreciates the zeal of puppies!
Blog Candy Winner
A huge "thank-you" to all who left comments during The Paper Players Occasions Mini Blog Hop. We are planning to do this again with the release of the next mini catalog. The winner of my blog candy, as determined by using a randon number generator, was:
#85 Kathy/North Carolina
Another stunner! I love the way the bird cage peeks out from behind the card. Adds so much interesting depth! Yummy blog candy, too!
Kathy, please email your address to me, and I will get your stamp set and pearls sent to you pronto!
As always, I do appreciate your comments. They really do mean so much to me. They certainly gave me a different perspective about my "Bliss" card! So please, let me know what you think of today's card. And remember, if you ever have a question about the cards that I create or the techniques that I use, I am only an email away! Until next time...
Coming up this week:
Stamp Set: Always (113620), Always in Bloom Stampin' Around Wheel (113834); Ink: VersaMark (102283), Soft Suede (115657), Crumb Cake (121030); Stampin' Write Marker: Soft Suede (120973), Pretty in Pink (100045); Card Stock: Blushing Bride (119796), Very Vanilla (101650), Whisper White (100730), Crumb Cake (120953), Early Espresso (119686); Tools: Big Shot (113439), Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (119976), Bird & Blooms Sizzlits (113485), Beautiful Wings Embosslits (118138), Sponge Daubers (102892), Stampin' Sponges (101610), Heat Tool (100005), Color Spritzer Tool (107066), Stampin' Around Handle (102971); Glitz and Glam: Basic Pearls (119247), Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz (118772), Linen Thread (104199), Early Espresso 5/8" Satin Ribbon (119753), Pretty in Pink 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon (109067), Victoria 5/8" Crochet Lace (118481), Trinket Key (121892), White Stampin' Emboss Powder (109132)