It's "Anything Goes" this week at The Paper Players! Since it is the 5th week of the month, we encourage you to share ANY of your favorite paper projects...scrapbook pages, tags, three dimensional items...and yes, even cards. As I said, "Anything Goes"! However, your project does need to be something newly created during this week...and it can even be a project for another challenge. The main rule here is to have fun and to challenge yourself! I opted for a Christmas card which showcases the Deck the Hall Designer Series Paper! I hope that you enjoy my "Christmas Balloon"!The Stampin' Schach Design Tips:
- Punch Power! Balloons are so easy to create with the 2" x 1-3/8" Oval Punch. I simply punched five ovals using various patterns from Deck the Halls. To add depth and dimension, the top three were adhered to ovals punched from the cardboard that comes with the paper! After adhering to the cardboard, the edges were rounded with a Sanding Block and distressed with Soft Suede ink.
- Layer your Top Notes! The Top Note Die and Big Shot were used to create two die cuts, one from Deck the Halls Designer Paper, the second from Soft Suede card stock. Paper Snips were used to trim the patterned Top Note at the perforation lines.
- Snip! Snip! The "Balloon Gondola" from Sweet Centers was stamped in VersaMark and heat embossed using Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder. It was then snipped out with Paper Snips and adhered to the Top Note base.
- It all in the details! Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding is adorned with three Basic Pearls. An Antique Brad accents the Fan-Fold Flower.
- Finish with a kiss! Gold Glow Smooch Spritz adds a beautiful patina to the entire card!
The inspiration for this card was a card that I originally created for the Splitcoaststampers Dirty Dozen. It was my favorite for the "Up in the Air" gallery. I will be sharing this card with you soon. I can hardly wait to see what you create for this week's challenge...and don't forget..."Anything Goes"! Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think about today's card. And as always, if you ever have any questions about the cards that I create or the techniques that I use, I am only an email away! Until next time...
Stamp Set: Sweet Centers (116521); Inks: Soft Suede (115657), VersaMark (102283); Designer Series Papers: Deck the Halls (120810); Card Stock: Soft Suede (115318); Tools: Top Note Bigz Die (113463), Big Shot (113439), 2" x 1-3/8" Oval Punch (119859), 1-3/4" Scallop Circle Punch (119854), Sanding Block (103301), Heat Tool (100005), Sponge Dauber (102892); Glitz and Glam: Cherry Cobbler 1/2" Seam Binding (120992), Basic Pearls (119247), Gold Glow Smooch Spritz (118770)