It is time for another fabulous Paper Players challenge! With Christmas right around the corner, what could be more fitting than a Christmas Challenge? Simply make and share a Christmas card or project...the sky is the limit! Since I still needs cards to send to family and friends, I opted to make another card with my all-time favorite designer paper, Deck the Halls. I know that you are probably getting tired of it, but with this patchwork design, you could easily substitute another paper or cardstock. I am thinking that this could look very rich with Cherry Cobbler card stock! Yummy!
The Stampin' Schach Design Tips:
- Patchwork! To create the patchwork pattern, I adhered and angled Deck the Halls Curly Label Punches to cover a 4-3/4" x 4-3/4" Brushed Gold square. (The distressed look was accomplished with a Sponge Dauber and Early Espresso ink.) Any designer paper that extended over the edge of the Brushed Gold card stock was simply cut off. How easy is that?
- The "Vintage" touch! The "Seven-Sided Tool" from the Cutter Kit quickly and easily ruffles an edge, while the Round File from the Distressing Essentials Kit can easily be used to curl up a corner!
- Age spots! Speckles are quickly added with the Color Spritzer Tool and Soft Suede Stampin' Write Marker. Watermarks are courtesy of the French Foliage set. Ink up the image with Soft Suede and stamp off, before stamping onto the sentiment.
- Glitz and Glam! Basic Pearls adorn the patchwork where four labels meet, while Basic Rhinestones double as holly berries. A little Silver Tinsel and an Antique Brad add a bit of pizzazz, while snippets of Victoria Crochet Trim and Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding complete the look.
Do these angelic faces look like the faces of canine felons? Looks can be deceiving. Muffy Lin (yes...I am using her middle name) got into Mom's Sponge Daubers and proceeded to distress the dining room rug. It seems as if she was in cahoots with brother Brody, who insisted that he absolutely had to go outside. I was in such a hurry, so proud of the fact that Brody was actually asking to go out, that I forgot to secure the dining room table by moving everything into the center. (I do all of my stamping at our kitchen/dining room table, and it was covered with all sorts of goodies.) And remember the beautiful skater card from Thursday? Don't even ask...but I will make another.
The Twins are teething, which causes their ears to do "wonky" things, which is not good for the show ring. So Mom and Dad had to "post" them so they would stand up straight like the Boxers that you see on television. In fact, if you watched the National Dog Show on Thanksgiving Day, a beautiful Boxer won the Working Dog Group and was a contender for Best in Show.
Coming Up this Week:
- Blog Award from Nikki, with 8 facts about me, and fabulous picture from Stephanie
- Occasions Mini Sneak Peeks! My preorder has arrived, and I can't wait to create and share with you. (If you need a mini, be sure to email me so I can get you on my list.)
- Pals Paper Arts Sneak Peek on Wednesday with a chance to win Glimmer Brads
- Pals Paper Arts Full Reveal on Thursday (You still have time to join us in the Regal Rose, Pear Pizzazz Color challenge.)
As always, your comments are very important to me, so please, will you let me know what you think about today's card? And remember, if you have any questions about the cards that I create or the techniques that I use, I am only an email away! Until next time...
Click Here to Order Stampin' Up! 24/7
Stamp Set: Peaceful Season (W 120819, C 121124---Holiday Mini Hostess Level 2); Inks: Crumb Cake (121030), Soft Suede (115657), Early Espresso (119670), Always Artichoke (105219), Soft Suede Stampin' Write Marker (120973); Designer Series Paper: Deck the Halls (120810---Holiday Mini); Card Stock: Brushed Gold (102935), Always Artichoke (105119), Cherry Cobbler (119685); Tools: Curly Label Punch (119851), Decorative Label Punch (120907), Color Spritzer Tool (107066), Cutter Kit (106958), Distressing Essentials Kit (118762), Sponge Daubers (102892); Glitz and Glam: Basic Pearls (119247), Basic Rhinestones (119246), Antique Brads (117273), Victoria Crochet Trim (118481)