Today I have a selection of Christmas tags for you. Some can be made in a matter of minutes, like the trio above, while a few are more time intensive. With so many to look at and talk about, let's get started!
Winter Post Reindeer
- Zip Naturals Ivory card stock through the Big Shot with the Two Tags Bigz die.
- Ink the Reindeer from Winter Post with Cherry Cobbler. Stamp three times without re-inking.
- Ink the Postmark from Winter Post with Early Espresso. Stamp partially off the upper edge of the front.
- Distress the edges with Early Espresso ink and a Sponge Dauber.
- Speckle with the Color Spritzer Tool and a Soft Suede Stampin' Write Marker.
- Use Hemp Twine for the tie.
Winter Post Skaters
- Prepare in the same manner as the Reindeer tag, except ink the Skater image from Winter Post with Early Espresso, and stamp once.
Winter Post Snowflake
- Prepare the tag as before.
- Ink the Snowflake from Winter Post with Marina Mist and stamp in the center of the tag. Continue to stamp the image without re-inking.
- Add a Basic Pearl accent to the center of the snowflake
I wish I could take the credit for the next two beautiful tags, but they were CASEd from the Stampin' Up! demonstrator magazine, Stampin' Success. Since many of you have not seen them, I included them in today's post. I rarely CASE a project, but these were just too beautiful to pass by! I hope that you will agree! And this is one of the excellent reasons to become a Stampin' Up! demonstrator...monthly inspiration and excellent ideas at your fingertips! Enjoy!
- Ink the "Dove" from Peaceful Season in Crumb Cake and stamp onto Naturals Ivory tag. Ink the sentiment "Peace on Earth" in Early Espresso and stamp over part of the Dove. Speckle by using a Color Spritzer Tool and a Soft Suede Stampin' Write Marker.
- Add three strips of Deck the Hall Designer Series Paper to the bottom of the tag. Round the corners with a Corner Rounder.
- Punch a Decorative Label from Cherry Cobbler, distress the edges, and adhere to the bottom as shown. Accent with a Basic Pearl.
- Add a snippet of Chantilly Crochet Trim at the interface between the sentiment and the Designer Paper. Distress the edges with Soft Suede, and adhere to a Crumb Cake tag base.
- Ink the "Holly" from Peaceful Season using Always Artichoke and Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Write Markers. Snip out with Paper Snips, and distress the edges with Soft Suede. Adhere to the tag, and add an Antique Brad.
Tags 'til Christmas
- Prepare a card base from Crumb Cake card stock. Mine measures 2-1/8" wide by 2-5/8" long. Layer with a neutral Designer Series Paper. I used a piece of retired Bella Bleu. This is an excellent way to use up scraps!
- Ink the "December 25th" stamp from Tags til Christmas in Baja Breeze and stamp onto Naturals Ivory card stock. Punch out with the Decorative Label Punch. Adhere to the tag base.
- Ink the stamp again with Soft Suede and stamp onto Naturals Ivory. Ink the small Holly stamp from the same set in Soft Suede, and stamp onto the ends of the center oval. Punch out using an Oval Punch. Adhere to the Baja Breeze tag using a Stampin' Dimensional.
- Using an Early Espresso Stampin' Write Marker, ink the "25" part of this stamp, and stamp it onto Crumb Cake card stock. Punch out using the 3/4" Circle Punch and adhere with a dimensional.
- Accent with Basic Rhinestones and add Hemp Twine for the tie.
Just think of the ways that you can make these two tags your own, simply by switching designer papers and colors!
I hope that you will join me tomorrow for my Pals Paper Arts sneak peek. As a little holiday gift to you, I will be offering a chance to win free glimmer brads! What fun! I think you will find my peek intriguing. And who can't use Glimmer Brads!!!
In the meantime, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think about these tags. For your effort, I will randomly select one person to receive a package of Stampin' Up! Hemp Twine so that you can make several tags of your own. Just leave your comment by Midnight, CST. I will announce the lucky person in tomorrow's post. And as always, please email me if you ever have any questions about the cards that I create, or the techniques that I use! Until next time...
Stamp Sets: Winter Post, Tag til Christmas, Peaceful Season; Inks: Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Marina Mist, Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede; Stampin' Write Markers: Always Arthichoke, Cherry Cobbler; Designer Series Paper: Deck the Halls; Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Naturals Ivory; Tools: Big Shot, Two Tags Die, Oval Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, Decorative Label Punch, Paper Snips, Sponge Dauber; Glitz and Glam: Antique Brads, Basic Pearls, Basic Rhinestones, Hemp Twine, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding, Chantilly Crochet Trim