It's Thursday and time to play at PPA! This week the Pals at Pals Paper Arts have planned a Clean and Simple challenge entitled "Living in the Material World". Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to create a Clean and Simple card using ribbon or fabric. I opted to use ribbon, and one of my favorite stamps of all time...Dasher! It's quick, easy, and hopefully elegant and classy, too! Won't you join us this week? We have BLOG CANDY... I can't wait to see what you create!
- Don't forget your buddy! When heat embossing, don't forget to swipe an Embossing Buddy over the surface of your paper before stamping. This will reduce the dreaded embossing freckles!
- Did you forget? Don't fret! Camouflage those "freckles" with a smooch...Smooch Spritz, that is!
- Remember your pals, too! I use the Embossing Buddy on the inside of my Powder Pals. Excess embossing powder is returned easily into its container!
- Three second rule! I inked Dasher in VersaMark and stamped him onto Whisper White card stock. When stamping in VersaMark, leave your stamp in contact with the card stock for several seconds for the best possible transfer of ink. It really does make a difference in the quality of your heat embossed image. Try it! Dasher was then heat embossed with Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder.
- Diamonds and Pearls! Dasher's antlers dazzle with Basic Pearls and Rhinestones! And what better way to accent embossed Northern Flurry snowflakes than with a few of these jewels!
- The finishing touch! A Basic Black satin bow, smooched with Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz, adds a touch of class and elegance!
I personally love the look of the matted Dasher, but if you are in a pinch for time, this card looks great with only the Dasher mat, making it a viable option if you need to make several to send to family and friends.
The Puppies Need Middle Names
For half a century (doesn't that make me sound old?), I have always given my dogs middle names. Just like any parent, when they misbehave, they get the "full-name-treatment". For example, Missy the Boxer was "Missy Jo Schach". Whenever she heard her full name, she would give me the infamous "Boxer eyes" look, knowing she had done something wrong. However, I am having a wee bit of a problem with Muffy and Brody. I know, I know...people will think I am crazy. But surely I am not alone in this. Any suggestions?
Brody the Boxer wanted me to alert everyone that he will be offering Brody Blog Candy, just as soon as Mom gets it photographed, in celebration of his "Big Boy Ears"! His handler, Michelle Cramblett, thinks he looks "amazing". I think they look like very big ears...but I was assured that he will grow into them. The Boxer Twins are growing up so fast. Brody has trained me well, so he is nearly "potty-proofed". Little Muffy, on the other hand, isn't quite there yet...although she has not made a mistake today! On the other hand, Muffy is doing much better at her leash training, and walks most of the time on a loose lead. Plus she is learning how to use SNAIL Adhesive...at least I think that was what she was trying to do when I found her with it! Brody, on the other hand, prefers Crystal Effects. (Don't even ask about that mess! How I wished he had a middle name that day.) They are both going to be such great little stampers!
Muffy would also like to thank Nancy E. for the adorable get well card, and Jaydee for posting the "ouchy ear" picture. Poor Muffy almost lost her left ear in a freak crate accident and required emergency surgery. A few weeks later she had an allergic reaction to what I think was a bee sting. However, she is back to her sassy self...and I do mean sassy!
Click Here to Order Stampin' Up 24/7