Welcome to The Paper Players Challenge #18. This week the Players are hosting a Monochromatic Challenge...and YOU get to pick the color family of your choice! How fun is that! I happened to select brown. I have always loved earthy colors! So I selected Crumb Cake and Early Espresso card stocks and a lovely Soft Suede pattern from the Deck the Halls Designer Series collection. The images from A Wish for Peace were perfect for the vintage feel I was trying to achieve. I hope that you will join us this week...it really doesn't get much easier than this!
The Stampin' Schach Design Tips:
- Trying for the vintage look? Try faux burning and paper curling. Stampin' Up!'s Distressing Essentials Kit is a must. I simply used the Round File to break down the paper fibers in order to separate the Brushed Gold card stock into layers. Each layer was then curled around the file. An Antique Brad, adorned with two small Basic Pearls, decorates the corner. For more information about faux burning and distressing, check out this video.
- Pearls and Pearlized Paint! Illuminate Top Coat Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink (that's a mouthful), was applied to the boughs of the main evergreen tree to simulate snow. A variety of Basic Pearls adorn the treetops for a touch of "Vintage Glam"!
- On the wings of a dove! The Dove's wings were snipped with Paper Snips, and then curled up as if in flight. In addition, the dove was coated with Illuminate Top Coat for a touch of sparkle and shine!
- A few more distressing details! The Color Spritzer and a Soft Suede Stampin' Write Marker instantly aged the card with a few selected "sprinkles". The wonderful water spots were added using the stamp from French Foliage. What's the key to perfectly aged water spots? Ink the stamp in Soft Suede, stamp off once...and then stamp onto your card!
- Finish with a flair! A beautiful Early Espresso satin bow adds the finishing touch. If you have not already done so...please check out my video tutorial for creating quick and easy bows!
I hope that you enjoyed today's vintage card. I am interested in hearing what you think of it. So please, won't you leave me a comment? And of course, if you have any questions about any of the techniques that I use, don't hesitate to email me. I enjoy hearing from you! Until next time...
Click Here to Order Stampin' Up! 24/7
Stamp Sets: A Wish for Peace (111614), French Foliage (W 120845; C 121166---Holiday Mini); Inks: Early Espresso (119670), Soft Suede (115657), Soft Suede Stampin' Write Marker (120973); Designer Series Paper: Deck the Halls (120810---Holiday Mini); Card Stock: Very Vanilla (101650), Brushed Gold (102935), Early Espresso (119691), Crumb Cake (119929); Tools: Distressing Essentials Kit (118762), Color Spritzer Tool (107066), Sponge Daubers (102892); Glitz and Glam: Early Espresso 5/8" Satin Ribbon (119753), Basic Pearls (119247), Antique Brads (117273), Illuminate Top Coat Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink (121084)