A very good teacher friend of mine is getting married next month, and I was invited to a late afternoon bridal shower for her yesterday. At about 1:00, I decided that I wanted to add a little something extra to her shower gift. Since her wedding colors and reception decorations revolve around an autumn theme, I decided to stamp a set of Thank You cards for her. After all, a new bride can never have too many! However, since I only had a few hours to complete my task, I knew that whatever I was going to design had to be quick and easy...and I needed to have the supplies on hand. So armed with the Autumn Splendor set stamp, a few ink pads, and card stock, I stamped up twelve cards. A simple gift card completed the set. Wrapped in plain brown paper, with Early Espresso 1-1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon and a fancy bow, it was an adorable little extra to add to my original gift!
The Stampin' Schach Design Tips:
- I'm late...I'm late...for a very important date! To save time I cut all of the paper, scored it, and then stamped all of the leaves of each color...assembly line style! Cajun Craze, More Mustard and Early Espresso were my inks of choice! Each card is slightly different, which makes them even more special!
- Random stamping! Remember to stamp some images off the edge! And do not obsess too much about image placement...the result will be carefree and natural!
- Stamp-a-ma-jig! For perfect sentiment placement, the Stamp-a-ma-jig is a must! This sentiment, from Thank You Kindly was stamped in Early Espresso.
- Confetti and Crumb Cake! Confetti White card stock forms a perfect canvas when stamping single layer cards! The "confetti" forms such a pretty background. In the case of Crumb Cake, a few spritzes with the Color Spritzer Tool and an Early Espresso Stampin' Write Marker, add confetti in a flash!
- Complete the set with a cute little 3" x 3" card and coordinating envelope!
Answers to Questions
Yesterday's post and tutorial generated a few questions about the Distressing Essentials Kit, which is found on page 195 of the 2010-2011 Idea Book and Catalog. The inks that are in this kit are Stampin' Spot size and include Tea Stain, Mahogany, Charcoal and Navy. The kit comes with a 1" x 1-1/2" flat stamp which can be used to apply the ink to the paper. After application to the paper, they can be blended with water. I, however, prefer to apply them with Stampin' Sponges. I hope this helps! And if you have more questions, please email me. I am more than happy to help!
And if you have any questions about the quick and easy cards presented today, don't hesitate to email me! And of course, remember your comments are very important to me. Until next time...
Click Here to Order Stampin' Up! 24/7
Stamp Set: Autumn Splendor (116503); Inks: Early Espresso (119670), More Mustard (103162), Cajun Craze (119671), Early Espresso Stampin' Write Marker (119680); Card Stock: Confetti White (102028), Crumb Cake (120953); Tools: Color Spritzer Tool (107066), Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049); Glitz and Glam: Basic Pearls (119247)