It's Sunday and time to reveal my Paper Players inspiration card. This week we are hosting a color challenge highlighting the beautiful, rich colors of fall: Old Olive, More Mustard, Cajun Craze and Early Espresso. If you do not have these colors, feel free to substitute with colors of similar hue. What is important is that you join us and have fun! I can't wait to see what you create!
- Coordination is key! When working with multiple patterns, look for colors and textures that coordinate. Stampin' Up!'s Autumn Spice Specialty Designer Series Paper is a perfect example with its fall designs and colors!
- Stamp on pattern paper for a delightful change! Here the sentiment from Day of Gratitude is stamped directly onto a piece of More Mustard paper from the Autumn Spice Collection.
- Layer upon layers for dimension! The sentiment is punched using the Decorative Label Punch, and then layered upon Cajun Craze and Early Espresso. Leaves are layered upon leaves! Ribbon is layered upon ribbon! Each layer adds depth and visual interest.
- Distress and spritz! The Color Spritzer Tool and Early Espresso Stampin' Write Marker instantly ages and warms the design, as does the sponging around the edges of the layers and leaves.
- Crazy about Cajun Craze? Create Cajun Craze grosgrain ribbon by tinting Very Vanilla ribbon with Cajun Craze Ink and a Sponge Dauber...or a Cajun Craze Stampin' Write Marker.
- A touch of the unexpected! Instead of buttons and twine, try Basic Pearls!
The leaves used on this card were watercolored using Blender Pens and ink. I have been asked many times how I create my watercolored images. I hope that this tutorial helps. I will apologize for the fact that it is in two parts. You will learn why as you watch. And don't expect any fancy bells and whistles...I haven't learned how to edit yet! So enjoy these tutorials in all of their unedited glory!
Remember, if you ever have any questions about the cards that I create or the techniques that I use, I am only an email away! And please, won't you leave me a comment before you go? Until next time...
Stamp Sets: Autumn Splendor (116503), Day of Gratitude (W 120835; C 121148); Inks: Old Olive (102277), More Mustard (103162), Cajun Craze (119671), Early Espresso (119670), Soft Suede (115657), Early Espresso Stampin' Write Marker (119680), Crumb Cake Stampin' Write Marker (120967), Old Olive Stampin' Write Marker (100079), Cajun Craze Stampin' Write Marker (119678); Designer Series Paper: Autumn Spice (120808---Holiday Mini); Card Stock: Early Espresso (119686), Cajun Craze(119684); Tools: Decorative Label Punch (120907---Holiday Mini), Paper Snips (103579), Sponge Dauber (102892), Blender Pens (102845), Color Spritzer Tool (107066); Glitz and Glam: Old Olive 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (119256), Very Vanilla 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon (109055), Basic Pearls (119247)