It's Thursday...and what a glorious Thursday it is! Not only is it time for the Pals Paper Arts challenge, but I also have a hint about exciting changes that will be taking place at the PPA. Plus, I have exciting news of my own. I AM GOING TO HAVE A BABY!!! Now that I have your attention, I really am going to have a baby...a new fur-baby! When I saw these "happy" colors of Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise and Melon Mambo for today's color challenge, I knew that I had to create a happy card! And what could be happier than the birth of the newest member of the Schach family? So let's get the design tips out of the way so I can share the details about our new Boxer baby and give you a sneak peek at just one of the changes that will be occurring next week at Pals Paper Arts.
The Stampin' Schach Design Tips:
- Let the colors dictate the mood of your card! Happy colors should be used to make happy cards!
- The odds have it! Threes or fives are more pleasing to the eye...a design basic which has been used by interior designers for years. Three balloons, three bows, three elements on the button...all of these add balance!
- Canine Couture! Even Scotties love to be well dressed. A few Basic Pearls transform this collar from drab to fab. And notice how many pearls there are...three!
- Scallops, scallops everywhere! The Scallop Edge Border Punch was used to punch...you guessed it...three borders that compliment the large Scallop Square.
- Button envy! Two tiny tags welcoming our new addition were punched using the Jewelry Tag punch and spiffied up with a Basic Pearl. These were then threaded onto a safety pin from Vintage Trinkets and adhered to a Daffodil Delight button using a Mini Glue Dot. So easy...and the perfect touch to any baby card!
And Now for My Exciting Baby News:
Stamp Set: Friends Fur-ever (W 117008; C 120504), Tiny Tags (W 118091; C 118592); Ink: Jet Black StazOn (101406); Stampin' Write Markers: Melon Mambo (121074), Basic Black (100082), Tempting Turquoise (100058); Designer Series Paper: Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, and Tempting Turquoise from the Brights Patterns Paper Stack (117155); Card Stock: Melon Mambo textured (119930), Tempting Turquoise smooth (102067), Whisper White (100730); Tools: Big Shot (113439), Scallop Square Bigz Clear Die (115950), Scallop Edge Border Punch (119882), Jewelry Tag Punch (117190); Glitz and Glam: Basic Pearls (119247), Vintage Trinkets (118764), Daffodil Delight 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (119254), Daffodil Delight Button from the Brights Collection Designer Button (119747)