It's Thursday and time for another Pals Paper Arts challenge! How about a color challenge this week? And challenge it is, with So Saffron, Chocolate Chip and Basic Gray! Now I can see So Saffron and Chocolate Chip together, and So Saffron and Basic Gray. But Chocolate Chip and Basic Gray...no way! But being the trooper that I am, I armed myself with inks, papers and stamps, and proceeded to create! And I am here to prove that it can be done...with just a touch of Always Artichoke for good luck. Enjoy "Inspired by Basic Saffron Chips with a Side Order of Artichoke"!
- Its hip to be square! When making square cards, remember that 5-1/4" x 5-1/4" tuck nicely into Stampin' Up!'s square envelopes.
- In distress? Send an SOS! Smooch Or Spritzer, that is! A Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker and the Color Spritzer Tool provides speckles to age our background instantly, while Log Cabin Smooch Spritz adds a beautiful bronze patina to the So Saffron buttons. Of course, Chocolate Chip ink, applied to the edges of the Very Vanilla image mat with a Sponge Dauber, enhances the vintage feel.
- How can you add depth to an image? The Shadow knows! Stamping Basic Gray "shadows" sets up depth of field, which is further enhanced by placing the colored images in the foreground.
- With a snip-snip here, and a snip-snip there! After inking the cone flowers with So Saffron, Chocolate Chip, and Always Artichoke, they were snipped out with paper snips and adhered onto the background.
- Pierce with passion! Bring the sentiment to life with a simple row of piercing. Why does it look so perfect? The Piercing Template from the Mat Pack is the key!
- It's all about the details! Hemp Twine is threaded through the buttons, while two Basic Gray ovals, punched using the 2" x 1-3/8" Oval Punch, back the sentiment. A snippet of Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon, which is still available in the Summer Mini, completes the look.
Remember to check out my Retired Stamp Sale!
Stamp Set: Inspired by Nature (111656); Inks: Basic Gray (109120), Chocolate Chip (100908); Stampin' Write Markers: Chocolate Chip (100071), So Saffron (105114), Always Artichoke (105113); Card Stock: Basic Gray (121044), So Saffron (105118), Chocolate Chip (102128); Tools: Color Spritzer Tool (107066), Cutter Kit (106958), Sponge Daubers (102892), Paper Snips (103579), 2" x 1-3/8" Oval Punch (119859), Paper Piercer (116631), Mat Pack (105826); Glitz and Glam: Log Cabin Smooch Spritz (119921), Subtles Designer Buttons (119745), Hemp Twine (100982), Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon (117287)