I love this card that I made for the March Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Gallery. It is not often that I can say that about cards that I create. I can always find something that I would change about a card, but not this time. This card stamps up quickly, yet it has an elegant look about it that I like. Although I used the French version of Sincere Salutations, you can easily substitute a variety of sentiments to fit the occasion! Enjoy "Bella Toile, Je Pense a Toi!"
The Stampin' Schach Design Tips:
- Tap, tap,tapping! When inking up a large background stamp like Bella Toile, ink it up by placing the background stamp face up and then tapping the ink pad on the rubber face. If you find it difficult to hold on to a stamp this size, simply lay it face up and place the card stock on top. Run a Brayer over the paper to make certain that the image stamps evenly. But be careful...don't let the paper slip! Just ask me how I know...
- Bling it on! Nothing goes better together than butterflies and bling! Three rhinestones, retrieved from Clear Rhinestone Brads, adorn the body of the largest butterfly, which was created with the Beautiful Wings Embosslit. Another rhinestone forms the "o" in toi, drawing the eye to the sentiment.
- Bow-licious! Pick the right ribbon for the card! Satin is super for a formal or elegant card, but for fun and casual go with grosgrain! The Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon on this card certainly looks yummy! If you need to replenish your Chocolate Chip ribbon stash, hurry and order! Several varieties of Chocolate Chip Ribbon are on The Last Chance List, while the Chocolate Chip 5/8" Satin Ribbon is available in the Summer Mini.
The Final Countdown
Take advantage of these time sensitive promotions:
- The $99 Starter Kit ends June 30th. There is still time to become a member of The Schach Pack.
- Last Chance Stamp List. Time is running out to order your favorites!
- Updated Last Chance Accessories List. Many items are still available...some at 25% -50% off.
- My personal list of Retired Stamps for Sale will be posted July 1st. If you love bargains, you will love this list!
Who could forget that the new catalog goes live July 1st! Online Ordering will be down until Noon MT as Stampin' Up! makes the transition to the new catalog. Of course with the beginning of the new Stampin' Up! year, my Hostess Clubs are starting their new cycles. I still have room for new members in the First Wednesday of the Month Club, which meets at 9:00 AM on the first Wednesday of each month. (Creative name, huh?) Please EMAIL me if you are interested in joining. And if you would like to host a workshop, July dates are filling fast. It is never too early to schedule your workshop, and I am currently scheduling through December. I am available for Introduction to Stamping classes, as well as specific technique classes. Please contact me for more information.
Whew! I feel like I had so much information to share with you today. I hope that you enjoyed today's Bella Toile card. If you have any questions about the cards that I make, or about the techniques that I use, please email me so that I can answer your questions. And to answer Mary and Chris's question about the shading around the dragonfly on Sunday's card, it was achieved by using a Blender Pen and Sahara Sand ink! Thanks for stopping by and reading my ramblings...and thanks for leaving a comment. They...and you...are important to me! Until next time...
Click Here to Order Stampin' Up! 24/7
Stamp Set: Bella Toile (111598), Sinceres Salutations (116239); Ink: Chocolate Chip (100908); Card Stock: Very Vanilla (101650), Chocolate Chip (102128), Regal Rose (105130); Tools: Big Shot (113439), Stampin' Up! Beautiful Wings Embosslit (118138), Wide Oval Punch (112082), Scallop Oval Punch (114889), Sponge Daubers (102892), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Brayer (102395) Glitz and Glam: Chocolate Chip 5/8" Satin Ribbon (117287), Clear Rhinestone Brads (113144)