As hard as it may be to believe, I have never participated in a Splitcoast color challenge. However, I could not pass up today's challenge to use Pretty in Pink, Going Gray, and Sage Shadow. As is the case with many of you, time is a precious commodity. And because I brought home a briefcase full of papers to grade, it was even more precious this evening. So I "CASED" one of my own cards, Trio of Ornaments. Of course, I switched out a few things in addition to the colors! Of note is the embossed background and the lack of ribbon. When it was all said and done, this color palette reminded me of the late 1950's with gray skirts and pink poodles! It is certainly a non-traditional choice of colors for Christmas, but you know what...it is refreshing for a change!
The Stampin' Schach Tips:
- "Oh it don't mean a thing, if it ain't got that bling!" Holiday cards are the perfect choice for glittering, embossing and rhinestones. If time is of the essence, it does not get any quicker than adding rhinestone brads, such as the Circle Ice Brads and Clear Rhinestone Brads on this card.
- Texture, texture, texture! The Petals-a-Plenty background was actually added after I had already matted Very Vanilla onto Going Gray and Sage Shadow. After laying the ornaments onto the "plain" Very Vanilla, it was just...too plain! So in a matter of minutes, I had zipped a second piece of Very Vanilla through the Big Shot with the Petals-a-Plenty Textured Impressions Folder. In this case, it was a much better choice. Think of it like ice cream...why settle for plain vanilla?
- "Three is not a crowd" when it comes to designing. Odd numbers are often a good choice to balance a design. Here we have three ornaments, three brads, three layers to the matting, and three focal colors. Think "odd", not even!
Today I felt like being challenged. It was a starting point for my card. If you feel like being challenged, the newest Pals Paper Arts challenge will be unveiled Thursday. Check out my Inspiration Card in Thursday's post!
Remember, it's Blog Candy time here at The Stampin' Schach. Leave me a comment and become eligible for my delicious blog candy! I will randomly select a winner from all comments left on my blog between September 27th and 6:00 PM CST on Friday, October 2nd. On Saturday, I will announce the winner. If you are selected, all you will need to do is email me your address. How easy is that? You just need to leave a comment on one of my posts, and you could win the following:
- Over 50 6" x 6" sheets of retired Stampin' Up designer series paper
- 10 yards of Certainly Celery ribbon from the 2009 Sale-a-bration Ribbon Bundle
- An unmounted "Yummy" stamp set
- Four brads from the retired Soho collection
- Sixteen corduroy brads in "Grasshopper" and "Tink Pink" (non-SU!)
Stampin' Schach Deal of the Week: Do you love the Petals-A-Plenty folder as much as I do? Then do I have a limited time offer for you!
- Place your $75 on-line order with me by 11:59 CST September 30th, and receive the Petals-A-Plenty Textured Impressions Folder absolutely free! The product total must be $75 or more excluding shipping and sales tax. (Available US only.)
- Next Email Me your shipping address.
- Your free Petals-a-Plenty folder will arrive separately from your order in mid-October, in plenty of time to create your holiday cards!
- Place an order of $150 or more, and receive a second Textured Impressions Embossing Folder for free. Choose from the following: Elegant Bouquet, Finial Press, and Manhattan Flower. (The same restrictions apply.)
Need a Holiday Mini catalog? Just send me your name and address and I will get yours in the mail the next business day!
If you have any questions about the techniques I used to make this card, don't hesitate to email me. Until next time...
Please Click Here to Order Stampin' Up! 24/7!
Inks: Sage Shadow (102532), Pretty in Pink (101301), Going Gray (103274)
Card Stock: Going Gray textured (108693---Neutrals assorted), Pretty in Pink (100459), Sage Shadow (101563), Very Vanilla (100730)
Tools: Big Shot (113439), Ornament Punch (116794), Petals-a-Plenty Textured Impressions Folder (116824---Holiday Mini), Standard Texturz Silicone Rubber (114615), Standard Texturz Impressions Pad (114614), Eyelet Border Punch (113692)
Embellishments: Clear Rhinestone Brads (113144), Circle Ice Brads (109111)