It's time for the Pals Paper Arts challenge! This week we are hosting an Inspiration Challenge featuring this sketch:
The Stampin' Schach Tips:
(Today's card is all about the little Victorian inspired details.)
- The Stampin' Up Finial Press Embossing Folder screams "Victorian"! Brushed Gold card stock, as well as Always Artichoke, were embossed with this folder. To bring out the texture, the Always Artichoke piece was brayered with Encore Gold ink. To prevent smearing, it was treated with the Heat Tool.
- Create your own Victorian sparkle with a super-shimmery snowflake! A piece of Stampin' Up! White Vellum was coated with VersaMark ink. Next, Gold Embossing Powder was mixed with Gold Fine Galaxy Glitter, and sprinkled onto the vellum. After tapping to remove the excess, it was heated with the Heat Tool. The Jumbo Snowflake Punch was then used to punch out the snowflake. A Clear Rhinestone Brad affixes it to the card.
- More razzle-dazzle is achieved by coating Always Artichoke "Little Leaves" with VersaMark and sprinkling with Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder. Once again this is heated. The leaves are then snipped off with Paper Snips and attached to a second set of non-embossed leaves to add texture.
- The St. Nick image is inked with Basic Brown, stamped onto Very Vanilla and lightly tinted with Blender Pens and inks. The edges are distressed with Gold Encore ink, and then embossed with Iridescent Ice. Sections of the image were then torn off, and the edges were distressed with Chocolate Chip ink.
- Enhance the vintage feel with Glassy Glaze Enamel! It accentuates the tinting of the Good Cheer image and the crackling adds to the antique look! For a tutorial on how to create cracked glass Click Here.
- A snippet of Rose Red 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon completes the look!
Although today's techniques are not difficult, they are certainly time consuming! However, this card was designed to be given to a special person this Christmas, so it was certainly well worth the time I placed into it. Speaking of time, isn't it time to head on over to the PPA to see what the other Design Team Pals have created for you? But first, let me know what you think about today's card. I really do appreciate your comments. And, if you have any questions about the techniques used to create this card, don't hesitate to email me! Until next time...
Stamp Set: Good Cheer (115326); Inks: Chocolate Chip (100908), Encore Gold (101017), Creamy Caramel (103220), Close to Cocoa (103139), Rose Red (101778), Always Artichoke (105219), Whisper White (101731), Blush Blossom (102609), Pretty in Pink (101301), Bashful Blue (105209), VersaMark (102283); Paper: Very Vanilla (101650), Always Artichoke (105119), Brushed Gold (102935), White Vellum (101839); Tools: Big Shot (113439), Finial Press Embossing Folder (115963), Stampin' Up! Little Leaves Sizzlit (114511), Jumbo Snowflake Punch (116628), Heat Tool (100005), Brayer (102395), Sponge Dauber (102892), Blender Pens (102845); Glitz and Glam: Clear Rhinestone Brads (113144), Rose Red 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon (111366), Glassy Glaze Enamel (100477), Iridescent Ice Stampin' Emboss Powder (101930), Fine Galaxy Stampin' Glitter (114286), Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder (109129)