Welcome to the Christmas/Winter Holiday Hop! If you are arriving from Debbie Pierce's Stampin' Sunshine, I am Stop #13. If I am your first stop of the day, you are in for a real treat as you hop from blog to blog. Since the focus is on Winter, it seems logical to feature Snowmen and Snowflakes! One of my favorite winter icons is the snowman. I loved the old movie, "Frosty the Snowman". I remembering crying when Frosty melted. However, these snowmen will not melt...unless they melt your heart. Welcome to my meadow, where I built not just one snowman, but two, using the Snow Buddies Hostess Level 2 Set. The second card which I will be featuring can be created in less than ten minutes, for last minute holiday card emergencies!
"In the Meadow Card"
This card is so much easier to create than one might think. All it takes is patience and a sharp pair of scissors. The inspiration for this card came from Splitcoast Sketch Challenge #256. Although it no longer resembles the sketch, it was indeed my initial starting point. I was cutting a mat for the horizontal piece, and ending up flipping it on top of my first piece. That's when I thought "snowy hills"! So I promptly traced it onto Very Vanilla and formed my hills! The rest is history!
The Stampin' Schach Tips:
- The "hills" are distressed using Close to Cocoa ink and a Sponge Dauber. The "Real Red and Very Vanilla Dots" paper is from the Christmas Jingle Simply Scrappin' kit, and is just perfect for the country feel of this card.
- The "Tree" is from the dormant set, "Branch Out", which is still available for purchase. Of course, Paper Snips were used to cut around the branches.
- Even a "country" card deserves its own special bling! What could be better than three buttons from the "Playground" collection threaded with Linen Thread? The buttons were adhered with their shiny "faces" down using Mini Glue Dots.
- The Modern Label Punch was used to prepare the sentiment. "Warm Winter Wishes" was inked with Chocolate Chip ink and stamped onto Very Vanilla card stock. The edges were ink distressed with Chocolate Chip. The Modern Label Punch was then used two more times, with Chocolate Chip and Real Red card stocks. The Chocolate Chip label was split vertically and adhered to the ends of the sentiment, while the Real Red label was cut horizontally, and adhered to the sides.
"Simply Schach Snowflake Card"
Need a quick last minute card? This one will surely do the trick! It can be created in less than ten minutes, and does not require any stamping. A little Champagne Mist, Brushed Gold card stock, and Circle Ice Brad add glitz and glimmer to this fun to create card!
The Stampin' Schach Tips:
- Prepare a 5-1/4" x 5-1/4" card base from textured Very Vanilla card stock. This size allows it to slide easily into a Medium Square Envelope! Spritz with a mixture of Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint and rubbing alcohol.
- Using the Big Shot and the Snowflake #2 die, create two snowflakes: one from Elegant Eggplant and one from Brushed Gold. Attach to the card base with a Circle Ice Brad.
- Cut a strip of Brushed Gold card stock and adhere to the bottom of the card.
- Using the Eyelet Border Punch, punch a border from Old Olive textured card stock and layer over the Brushed Gold so that you get a glimpse of gold.
- Add a snippet of Elegant Eggplant 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon.
- How easy is that?
Before heading out on the rest of the Hop, won't you please leave me a comment and let me know what you think about today's cards? I truly appreciate your comments, and your questions, too! And now for the next stop on your journey...Gina Shaw's Cards by Gina.
Holiday Hopper Line-Up
1. Kris Kilcoyne (Kween Bee Kreations)
2. Carla Bazhenow(Carla's Scraps)
3. Linda Callahan (Stampin' Seasons)
4. Melanie Collins(Oops a Daisy)
5. Mary Fish(Stampin' Pretty)
6. Tricia Gillam(Soul Stamper)
7. Jill Gregory(Stamping Heart)
8. Kim Lampone (Stamp, Scrap, Get Kreative)
9. Kalshelia Lloyd (Stampin' Fabulousity)
10. Regina Mangum (The Stampin' Bean)
11. Margaret Moody(Margaret Moody)
12. Debbie Pierce(Stampin' Sunshine)
13. Ann Schach (The Stampin' Schach)
14. Gina Shaw (Cards by Gina)
15. Lourdes Torres (Cozy Crafty Corner)
Click Here to Order Stampin' Up! 24/7!
Stamp Sets: Snow Buddies Hostess Level 2 Set (116505---Holiday Mini), The More the Merrier Hostess Level 3 (115322), Branch Out; Paper: Christmas Jingle Simply Scrappin' kit (115696), Real Red (102482), Chocolate Chip (102128), Very Vanilla (101650), Elegant Eggplant (105126), Brushed Gold (102935), Old Olive (100702); Ink: Chocolate Chip (100908); Tools: Big Shot (113439), Snowflake #2 die (113460), Eyelet Border Punch (113692), Modern Label Punch (116630), Paper Snips (103579); Glitz and Glam: Circle Ice Brad (109111), Elegant Eggplant 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon (109039), Playground Buttons (116313), Linen Thread (104199), Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint (116806)