Whee! It's Pals Paper Arts challenge day! This week we have a wonderful sketch challenge featuring the design work of talented Pal, Margaret Moody. I loved this sketch as it allowed me to showcase the Snow Buddies Hostess Level 2 stamp set from the Holiday Mini Catalog.
The Stampin' Schach Tips:
- Snips and Tips! Paper Snips are a must-have for any papercrafter! The Stampin' Up! snips are sharp to the very tippy-tip, making them perfect for cutting into tight spaces and around snowmen noses!
- Don't be embarrassed about embossing! I do it all the time. The Taken with Teal circle, cut with the Circle Scissors Plus, was just too "teal" until snow flurries softened it. And all it took to create these flakes was a little VersaMark, White Embossing Powder, and a Heat Tool!
- Daubers to the rescue! I further softened the Taken with Teal circle by using a Sponge Dauber and Whisper White Craft Ink. Depth and definition were given to the Scallop Circle snow drifts with a smidge of Going Gray ink added with a...Sponge Dauber! I use them on almost every card!
- Look for thematic elements! In this case, the central circle in the layout set the theme. I elected to use the "Circles" pattern from the Holiday Lounge Designer Series Paper collection, the Scallop Circle Punch, and the Scallop Edge Punch because of the circles. Even the roly-poly Snow Buddies repeat the circular theme!
- Grateful for the Greetings! Just because it's there doesn't mean you have to ink it up! I wanted just a large plain "Greetings" sentiment. Since I didn't have one, I inked up only the "Greetings" portion of the "Grateful Greetings" sentiment from the stamp set of the same name.
I loved creating this card for you, and I hope that it serves as an inspiration as you create your card for this week's PPA challenge. So scoot on over to the PPA and see what my fellow Design Team members have created for you. After all, there's "Snow Buddies" like my buddies over at the PPA! But wait...don't forget to leave a comment before you head out! You know how much I appreciate your input and your questions! Until next time...
Stamp Set: Snow Buddies (116505---Hostess Level 2 Holiday Mini), Grateful Greetings (116511); Inks and Markers: Jet Black StazOn (101406), VersaMark (102283), Whisper White Craft (101731), Going Gray (103274), Dusty Durango and Rich Razzleberry Stampin' Write Markers (116329---In-Colors Assorted), Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker (100082), Ruby Red Stampin' Write Marker (100075); Designer Series Paper: Holiday Lounge (115676); Card Stock: Sahara Sand (105328), Taken with Teal (101584), Ruby Red (102030), Whisper White (100730); Tools: Scallop Circle Punch (109043), Scallop Border Punch (112091), Modern Label Punch (107590), Circle Scissors Plus (112530), Glass Mat (112531); Heat Tool (100005), Sponge Dauber (102892); Embellishments: Tempting Turquoise 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon (109038), White Stampin' Emboss Powder (109132)