I love Saturdays for a variety of reasons, one of them being the Our Creative Corner challenge. They are challenging us this week to find inspiration in the journals by Monique Duval. I drew my inspiration from the colors, selecting Perfect Plum, Really Rust, and Always Artichoke. Texture and distressing, as well as a double ribbon, highlight this "Really Perfect Artichoke" of a card!
The Stampin' Schach Tips:
- Finish with a flourish! When designing a card with only a sentiment, a flourish or two are smart ways to draw the eye to the focal point of the card. By using the Big Shot and the Swirls Scribbles Sizzlits Dies, flourishes are zipped out in seconds!
- Is your Designer Paper too vibrant? Tone it down with ink. In addition to using a Sponge Dauber, I "painted" Always Artichoke ink onto the Really Rust pattern paper. I simply squeezed the closed ink pad to pool the ink into the lid, and used my Aqua Painter for instant distressing!
- Here's another "texture lecture"! Using the Big Shot and the Stampin' Up! Perfect Details Texturz Plate, this Top Note goes from plain to "insane-ly" beautiful! The Perfect Plum shadow was made by punching out a second Top Note and cutting it in half. It was not distressed in order to enhance the Always Artichoke overlay.
- Always add a little extra! Double the "fab factor" with not one, but two, ribbons. Elegant Eggplant and Always Artichoke 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbons fit perfectly on the bottom of this layout.
If you have questions about any of the techniques that were used in the making of this card, please do not hesitate to email me! And once again, congratulations to June Renee' for winning the blog candy! Just email me your address, and your "candy" will be on it's way! There is another milestone looming in the future, and more blog candy will be offered.
Stampin' Up! Deals
Feeling like a little punch? Stampin' Up!'s Deal of the Week has returned! From October 1, Midnight (MT) through October 12, 9:50 AM (MT), they are featuring The Trio Flower Punch ($10.99), The 5 Petal Punch ($10.99), and the My Way Punch ($11.99)! The regular prices of these punches are $15.99! What a deal!
Visit the Clearance Rack! Just click the Clearance rack icon on my right sidebar to be taken to incredible deals on Stampin' Up! merchandise. Once you reach my business website, just click on "Shop Now"!
Become the Newest Member of The Schach Pack
From now until March 31, 2010, Stampin' Up! is offering a "My Digital Studio" Starter Kit for
$185.00 (over $295 value!). Just look at what you receive!
•My Digital Studio software
•Party Hearty and Petal Pizzazz stamp sets
•Whisper White card stock (8-1/2" x 11")
•Earth Elements assorted card stock (8-1/2" x 11")
•Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, and Tempting Turquoise Classic Stampin' Pads
•Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, and Real Red Stampin' Write markers
•Chocolate Chip 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon
•Real Red 1" Double-stitched Grosgrain Ribbon
•Button Latte Designer Buttons (my personal favorites)
•Mini Glue Dots
•Business supplies (including catalogs, order forms, training DVD, and other supplies)
Of course, the Original Starter kit is always available! (Over $335 worth of merchandise for $199...FREE shipping and handling)
If you join my group, I will be there every step of the way to coach you and answer your questions. I am so proud of my ever-growing downline, The Schach Pack, and what they are accomplishing! And as a special "Welcome" gift from me, if you sign up before October 31st at 11:50 PM (MT) you will receive any stamp set of your choice up to $24.95. After signing up, simply contact me with your choice and I will order it November 1st. Just as soon as I receive it, I will mail it to you! There has never been a better time to join! Whether you aspire to be a career demo or a hobby demo, there is room for you in The Schach Pack!
To join my group, just follow these easy steps:
1. Click here
2. Then click "Start Your Own Business" followed by "Join Now"
3. Enter my recruiting password (Please email me for my recruiting password, or if you have questions)
Please let me know what you thought about today's card. Your comments and questions are always important to me! And, don't forget to "Play at the PPA!". Mr. Linky will close at Noon (CST) Tuesday. You could be the next Pals Paper Artist Pick! Until next time...
Please Click Here to Order Your Stampin' Up! Supplies 24/7!
Stamp Set: Herb Expressions (113234); Designer Series Paper: Patterns Pack Designer Series Paper III (116234---Hostess Level 1); Card Stock: Always Artichoke (105243), Perfect Plum (101889), Really Rust (100661); Inks: Chocolate Chip (100908), Really Rust (102549), Always Artichoke (105219); Tools: Big Shot (113439), Top Note Die (113463), Perfect Details Texturz Plate (115962), Swirls Scribbles Sizzlit Die (113441), Sponge Dauber (102892), Aqua Painter (103954), Corner Rounder (109047); Embellishments: Elegant Eggplant 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon (109039), Always Artichoke 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon (109035)