Happy "Boos-Day" to you! Welcome to the Stampin' Pretty Pals first holiday blog hop! The focus this month is "Halloween", and I will be sharing two projects with you. The first, a card, features the stamp sets, Halloween Hoot and Grateful Greetings. Off course, what is a Stampin' Up! Halloween card without the spooky Cast-a-Spell Designer Series Paper.
The Stampin' Schach Tips:
- "Glam" up those goblins! Any witch worth her broom wouldn't be caught on Halloween without her bling! A lavender Circle Ice Brad is color coordinated with her dress, so stylishly tinted with Rich Razzleberry ink and a Blender Pen. And bling draws the eyes right to the adorable frog and the wise old owl.
- Add depth with Dimensionals! The sign was stamped onto Very Vanilla which had been matted onto two additional layers of card stock. After snipping out with Paper Snips, it was popped into the witch's hand with a Stampin' Dimensional. Likewise, the frog and owl mats were also popped up with the "Stampin' D's"!
- Think outside the box! Use your punches in unique and different ways. The matting for the sentiment, "Goblin Greetings", was punched out with the Scallop Oval Punch.
Pillow Box "Trick or Treat" Basket
As everyone knows, Splitcoast Stampers provides a wealth of ideas. In one of their latest tutorials, they included the directions for a small treat basket created with Stampin' Up!s Pillow Box die. In a matter of minutes, I had zipped the die three times through my Big Shot along with Pumpkin Pie textured card stock. To see the tutorial Click Here. However, instead of the traditional jack-o-lantern face, I opted to pull out my trusty punches and the "Cat" and "Bat" images from the Scary Skeleton stamp set. Here is the same basket from a different angle, without the tag (and with Creme Brulee Gourmet Candy Corn...Yum!):
Is this not adorable? I already have plans to make Fall and Holiday ones for our November and December blog hops!
The Stampin' Schach Tips:
- When an ordinary adhesive just won't do, reach for Sticky Strip! It was so easy to adhere the pillow boxes together using this double-sided tape!
- Distress with Daubers! Sponge Daubers are easy to use. Slipping right onto the finger, they make distressing quick and easy. Distressing adds depth and definition, such as the Pumpkin Pie ink used on the edges of the basket. Distressing can also add visual interest. The edges of all of the stamped and punched images were distressed with Pumpkin Pie.
- Link elements with Linen Thread! Although the ovals and circles are adhered to the sides of the basket with SNAIL Adhesive, the snippets of Linen Thread between them add a special touch!
I hope that you have enjoyed your little visit to The Stampin' Schach portion of this month's Halloween Hop! Please leave me a comment and let me know what you thought about today's creations. Of course, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to email me! I really do appreciate your comments, and I enjoy answering any questions that you have about the techniques which were used in creating my projects. Since I know that you would love to continue your Halloween Hop adventure, I have included a link to the next stop in your journey, Cards by Gina, where the talented Gina Shaw is just waiting to share her cards with you. And just in case you wish to revisit Debbie Pierce at Stampin' Sunshine, a link for her site has also been provided. Have fun! Until next time...
Holiday Hopper Line-Up
1. Kris Kilcoyne (Kween Bee Kreations)
2. Carla Bazhenow(Carla's Scraps)
3. Linda Callahan (Stampin' Seasons)
4. Melanie Collins(Oops a Daisy)
5. Mary Fish(Stampin' Pretty)
6. Tricia Gillam(Soul Stamper)
7. Jill Gregory(Stamping Heart)
8. Liz Hughes(DIY Paper Creations)
9. Kim Lampone (Stamp, Scrap, Get Kreative)
10. Kalshelia Lloyd (Stampin' Fabulousity)
11. Regina Mangum (The Stampin' Bean)
12. Margaret Moody(Margaret Moody)
13. Debbie Pierce(Stampin' Sunshine)
14. Ann Schach (The Stampin' Schach)
15. Gina Shaw (Cards by Gina)
16. Lourdes Torres (Cozy Crafty Corner)
Stamp Sets: Holiday Hoot (111582), Grateful Greetings (116511), Scary Skeleton (113244); Inks: Jet Black StazOn (101406), Rich Razzleberry (115658), Old Olive (102277), Pumpkin Pie (105216), Summer Sun (100537), Soft Suede (115657), Going Gray (103274); Designer Series Paper: Cast-a-Spell (115677); Card Stock: Pumpkin Pie textured (108697---Earth Elements assorted), Garden Green (102584), Very Vanilla (101650), Whisper White (100730), Old Olive (100702), Basic Black textured (108693---Neutrals assorted); Tools: Big Shot (113439), Pillow Box Die (113466), Scallop Oval Punch (114889), Large Oval Punch (107305), Wide Oval Punch (112082), Scallop Circle Punch (109043), 1" Circle Punch (109046), 1-1/4" Circle Punch (104403), Corner Rounder (109047), Scallop Square Punch (112081), Scallop Edge Punch (112091), Tag Corner Punch (107215), Paper Piercer (116631), Sponge Daubers (102892), Paper Snips (103579), Circle Scissors Plus (112530), Glass Mat (112531); Embellishments: Circle Ice Brads (109111), Basic Black 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon (115605), Pumpkin Pie 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon (109030), Linen Thread (104199), Hemp Twine (100982), Metallic Eyelets (105319), Pumpkin Pie Corduroy Buttons (114342)