The Christmas Jingle Simply Scrappin' Kit isn't just for scrappin! This card was quickly assembled using paper and die cuts from Christmas Jingle, and the sketch from Mojo Monday Week 107. It's easy and fun, featuring 3 sheets of double-sided paper (stripes, holly vines, dots, snowflakes), 8 sheets of textured card stock (Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Old Olive, Very Vanilla), and 2 sheets each of three different sets of self-adhesive die cuts. Just add your own finishing touches, and Dasher will be ready to dash off to the post office!
The Stampin' Schach Tips:
- Don't re-invent the wheel unless you really want to! All of the Simply Scrappin' kits are color coordinated. No guessing required. Yet there are still a multitude of ways to add your personal touches.
- Mats matter! Since I couldn't decide whether to use Old Olive or Real Red to mat the striped panels, I just used both. Matting adds depth to the card, and emphasizes specific elements. And thanks to the Circle Scissors Plus, I was able to easily mat the Dasher die cut!
- Fire and Ice! Circle Fire Brads in Red and Circle Ice Brads in Green lend a festive air to any holiday card. Use the Template from the Mat Pack for perfect alignment.
- Finish with finesse! A stay-put bow tops everything off. Sleigh Bells, a wonderful cotton ribbon, was the logical choice. A little bit country, just like this card, Sleigh Bells was the perfect accent.
Are You Ready to Hop?
The Pretty Pals Blog Hop is set to begin October 13th, and the focus will be on Halloween! Whether it's rubber stamps or designer paper, we will be showcasing Stampin' Up! products. In addition, we will spotlight Thanksgiving/Fall on November 10, 2009 and Christmas/Winter – December 1, 2009. Here's a peek at who's hopping:
Holiday Hopper Line-Up
1. Kris Kilcoyne (Kween Bee Kreations)
2. Carla Bazhenow(Carla's Scraps)
3. Linda Callahan (Stampin' Seasons)
4. Melanie Collins(Oops a Daisy)
5. Mary Fish(Stampin' Pretty)
6. Tricia Gillam(Soul Stamper)
7. Jill Gregory(Stamping Heart)
8. Liz Hughes(DIY Paper Creations)
9. Pia & Kat Kayo (Stamp Your Life)
10. Kim Lampone (Stamp, Scrap, Get Kreative)
11. Kalshelia Lloyd (Stampin' Fabulousity)
12. Regina Magnum (The Stampin' Bean)
13. Margaret Moody(Margaret Moody)
14. Debbie Pierce(Stampin' Sunshine)
15. Ann Schach (The Stampin' Schach)
16. Gina Shaw (Cards by Gina)
17. Lourdes Torres (Cozy Crafty Corner)
The Stampin' Schach Special
Don't forget my newest Stampin' Schach special...Free Linen Thread with any purchase of $25 or more. During my Linen Thread Promotion, you will have the opportunity to try it for free! Here are the details:
- Between now and October 23rd, just place an on-line order with me of $25.00 or more using my Shop Now button, and include the Linen Thread on your order.
- I will send you a check to cover the cost of the Linen Thread ($4.50) plus an extra 50 cents to cover shipping!
- Sorry, US orders only!
This is an excellent opportunity to try this product risk free. What could be easier?
Have you entered the Pals Paper Arts challenge yet? If not, please head on over to the PPA and link your card today! This week it is a wonderful color challenge of Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, and Perfect Plum. In case you missed my inspiration card, Fall Bouquet for the PPA, please check it out. It is a paper-snipper's dream!
Of course, I always love to hear what you think about each and every card that I create. Please leave a comment, or if you have any questions, please feel free to email me. I do appreciate hearing from you. Until next time...
Paper and Die Cuts: Christmas Jingle Simply Scrappin' (115696); Tools: Circle Scissors Plus (112530), Glass Mat (112531), Mat Pack (105826); Embellishments: Sleigh Bells Ribbon (116795---Holiday Mini), Circle Fire Brads (109110), Circle Ice Brads (109111)