This week, the gals at Our Creative Corner are treating us to a color challenge: Handsome Hunter, Blush Blossom, Sage Shadow and Soft Suede. What a quartet to work with! Of course, one of the reasons that I love the OCC challenge is exactly this...they truly force me out of my comfort zone. So armed with card stock and designer paper, I set out to create a card utilizing these colors...a card that I have entitled: "Blushing at the Handsome Shadow over at the OCC".
The Stampin' Schach Tips:
- Stuck in the middle? Your focal image does not always need to be centered. With this card, I have offset it to the right to switch it up just a little.
- Develop the theme! In this case, I focused on "Dots" and "Scallops". A cohesive theme makes it possible to mix and match designer series papers without the end product looking too busy. In this case, we have "Polka Dot Soft Suede" from the Soft Suede Patterns Designer Series Papers paired with Dotted Sage Shadow from the Nouveau Chic collection.
- Dots are further developed by paper piercing the Blush Blossom Scalloped Oval and the Blush Blossom Scallop Edge.
- Don't forget the special touches! The Soft Suede 1" Circle, which is serving as the center of the Folded Flower, is enhanced by the addition of a Clear Button which has been threaded with a snippet of Blush Blossom card stock. The dotted side of Soft Suede Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon is the perfect compliment to the Soft Suede pattern paper.
- Hellooo! Dare to be different! Who says that you have to stamp your sentiment on white or vanilla? Don't you just love the look of the "Hello" sentiment from Pendant Park stamped in Soft Suede ink onto Blush Blossom card stock?
If you love challenges, don't forget to visit the challenge that is nearest and dearest to my heart, the Pals Paper Arts challenge! Pal Margaret Moody has developed a wonderful sketch for you this week. Remember that not only are challenges fun, they also help us hone our craft!
If you live in the Southeast Iowa or Western Illinois area and would like to attend my Stampin' Up! Open House on Saturday, November 7th from 1:00 to 4:00, please email me today. Technique demonstrations will include watercoloring with blender pens, using the Color Spritzer, and constructing a pillowbox basket. You will create two holiday cards using the Delightful Decorations and Patterned Pines stamp sets. In addition, we will construct a third card in under ten minutes using the Petals-a-Plenty Embossing Folder and Jumbo Snowflake Punch! All attendees will receive a free gift and light refreshments will be served. And, if you book a workshop with me that day, you will also receive a surprise from the "Book to Look" bucket!
I had a great time creating today's card. I hope that in some way I may have inspired you to sneak outside your own comfort zone and that you have benefited from my Stampin' Schach Tips. As always, I love your comments, so please say "hello" before you leave. And remember, if you ever have any questions about any card I create or techniques that I have used, please feel free to email me. Until next time...
Please Click Here to Order Stampin' Up! Supplies 24/7!
Stamp Set: Pendant Park (115456), Ink: Soft Suede (115657); Designer Series Paper: Nouveau Chic (115671), Soft Suede Patterns (115688); Card Stock: Blush Blossom (103318), Soft Suede (115318), Handsome Hunter (105122), Very Vanilla (101650); Tools: Small Oval Punch (107304), Large Oval Punch (107305), Scallop Oval Punch (114889), Paper Piercer (116631), Scallop Edge Punch (112091), Big Shot (113439), Folded Flower Bigz XL Die (115970), Stampin Dimensionals (104430), Mini Glue Dots (103683); Embellishments: Clear Buttons (105447), Soft Suede Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon (115612)