It's Thursday, and we all know what that means! The Pals Paper Arts gang are back again, this time with a color challenge:
- Prepare a 5-1/2" x 5-1/2" card base from textured Ruby Red card stock.
- Layer with "Crushed Curry" pattern paper from Razzleberry Lemonade Designer Series Paper and textured Crushed Curry card stock, as shown in the illustration.
- Add a snippet of Brocade Blue 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon at the interface of the two papers.
- Select the "Squares" pattern from Crushed Curry Patterns Designer Series Paper. Cut a strip 1" x 5" and cut a "V" out of one end. Mat onto textured Ruby Red card stock and adhere on top of the Brocade Blue Ribbon.
- Cut a 2-3/8" x 3-3/8" rectangle from the same "Squares" patter paper, and once again mat onto textured Ruby Red card stock. Add three Blue Circle Ice Brads as shown. Position and adhere to the card base.
- Using the Photo Corners Punch, punch two corners from textured Brocade Blue and adhere in opposite corners of the card.
- Using the Circle Scissors Plus, cut a 2" circle from Very Vanilla. Ink the "Basket" image from Peace Within with Basic Brown and stamp onto the Very Vanilla circle. (The Stampin' Schach Tip: Use a Stamp-a-ma-jig for perfect placement.) Using Blender Pens and the following inks, color the basket and flowers: Ruby Red, Brocade Blue, Crushed Curry, Creamy Caramel, and Always Artichoke. Shade with Sahara Sand.
- Ink only the "Bird" section of the Basket image with Basic Brown and stamp onto Very Vanilla. Once again using Blender Pens, color with Brocade Blue and Really Rust. Snip out with Paper Snips.
- Using the Circle Scissors Plus, cut a 2-1/4" textured Ruby Red mat for the Basket image. Pop the snipped out Bird onto the circle with a Mini Glue Dot. Using Stampin' Dimensionals, pop the image mat onto the rectangle as shown in the photograph.
You might recognize this sketch as Mojo 101! I would never have thought to pair these colors together. Yet, by participating in this challenge, I stretched my creative limits! That is one of the things that a challenge will do. So, you know the drill...Leave me a comment or drop me an email, and then head on over to the PPA! It's fun to play at Pals Paper Arts!
Click Here to Order Your Stampin' Up! Supplies 24/7!
Stamp Set: Peace Within (114312)
Designer Series Paper: Razzleberry Lemonade (115675), Crushed Curry (115686)
Card Stock: Crushed Curry textured (115538---In Color assorted), Ruby Red textured (108697---Earth Elements assorted), Brocade Blue textured (108696---Rich Regals assorted), Very Vanilla (101650)
Inks: Basic Brown (104315), Crushed Curry (115659), Ruby Red (102259), Brocade Blue (101102), Always Artichoke (105219), Creamy Caramel (103220), Really Rust (102549), Sahara Sand (105208)
Tools: Circle Scissors Plus (112530), Glass Mat (112531), Photo Corners Punch (109042), Blender Pens (102845)
Embellishments: Brocade Blue 5/8” Grosgrain Ribbon (109057), Circle Ice Brads (109111)
Adhesives: SNAIL (104332), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Mini Glue Dots (103683)