Do you know what I like best about Mondays? I just love the Mojo Monday challenges! And today was definitely a challenge for me in finding just the right size stamp for this layout. I opted to use "The Crock and Apples" image from Gifts of the Earth. Thoroughly Modern Designer Series Paper provided the rich colors which I felt were perfect for the look I was trying to achieve. The eyelet border and smaller Chocolate Chip "Masterpiece" Ribbon add a feminine touch. As for the crock itself, this is the reason I wanted this stamp in the first place...I collect crocks!
- Prepare a card base from Chocolate Chip card stock.
- Select the "Sahara Sand Floral" and "Small Rose Red Dots" patterns from the Thoroughly Modern Designer Series Paper collection. Punch the edge of the dotted paper with the Eyelet Border Punch. Add a snippet of Chocolate Chip Masterpiece Ribbon at the interface of the two pattern papers. Adhere to the card base.
- Ink the "Crock and Apples" image with Basic Brown and stamp onto Very Vanilla. Color using Blender Pens and the following inks: Rose Red (apples), Sahara Sand and Bordering Blue (crock), More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive (leaves), Sahara Sand (shading). Mat onto Chocolate Chip.
- Zip a piece of Very Vanilla through the Big Shot with the Finial Press Embossing Folder. Cut into strips as illustrated and mat onto Chocolate Chip. Adhere to the card base and pop the image mat on top with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Ink the "Grateful" sentiment from Falling Leaves with Chocolate Chip and stamp onto Very Vanilla. Punch out with the Modern Label Punch and mat onto Chocolate Chip. Adhere on top of the ribbon.
I enjoy participating in challenges. Sometimes they really stretch my creativity, and that is a good thing. And speaking of challenges, there is still time to participate in the Pals Paper Arts color challenge. But hurry...Mr. Linky closes at Noon (CST) Tuesday.
And speaking of hurrying, don't hurry off before leaving me a comment or dropping me an email! I do appreciate them. And, if you have questions about any of the cards that I make or techniques that I use, don't hesitate to ask. I love sharing what I do! Until later...
Click Here to Order Your Stampin' Up! 24/7!