It's Thursday! Can you say, "It's fun to play at PPA!"? I can! And I had a blast creating this textured card for the Pals Paper Arts sketch challenge this week. Sketch designer Margaret Moody was at her best with this versatile sketch:
- Prepare a card base from Taken with Teal card stock.
- Zip a piece of Whisper White through the Big Shot with the Petals-a-Plenty Textured Impressions Folder.
- Using the Jumbo Snowflake Punch, punch snowflakes from Rich Razzleberry, Taken with Teal and Old Olive card stocks.
- Ink the Delightful Decorations image with Old Olive and stamp onto Whisper White. Punch out the center using the 1" Circle Punch. Repeat with Rich Razzleberry and Take with Teal inks.
- Adhere the "Circles" to the "Snowflakes", and add a Clear Rhinestone Brad to the center of each. Adhere this element to the textured Whisper White as shown in the photograph. (I layered Old Olive onto Rich Razzleberry, Rich Razzleberry onto Taken with Teal, and Taken with Teal onto Old Olive.)
- Whisper White forms the horizontal strip. Mat this onto Old Olive, followed by Taken with Teal. Adhere to the textured Whisper White. Add a snippet of Rich Razzleberry Ribbon, polka-dot side down. Position and adhere this element to the textured Whisper White as illustrated.
- You are now ready to adhere the entire textured mat to the card base.
I have a new love in my life. I absolutely love the Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, and Taken with Teal combination for holiday cards! And, are you ready for another little secret...I also love the Petals-a-Plenty Textured Impressions Folder. How did I ever get along without it? I love the rich texture that it imparts to any holiday card.
Thanks for stopping by today and allowing me to share my new favorite color combination with you. Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think about today's card. I do appreciate your comments, and your questions, too! Until next time...
Please Click Here to Order Your Stampin' Up! 24/7!
Stamp Set: Delightful Decorations (116517---Holiday Mini Catalog)
Inks: Rich Razzleberry (115658), Old Olive (102277), Taken with Teal (103257)
Paper: Whisper White (100730), Rich Razzleberry (115316), Old Olive (100702), Taken with Teal (101584)
Tools: Big Shot (113439), Petals-a-Plenty Textured Impressions Folder (116824---Holiday Mini catalog), Jumbo Snowflake Punch (116628), 1” Circle Punch (109046)
Embellishments: Clear Rhinestone Brads (113144), Rich Razzleberry ½” Polka-Dot Grosgrain Ribbon (115613)