The Gals over at Our Creative Corner are at it again with another creative challenge! This week's challenge is a color challenge consisting of a delightful confection of white, brown, hot pink and light pink. I selected Chocolate Chip, Pink Passion, Pretty in Pink and Whisper White, and the For All You Do stamp set. This also gave me the opportunity to use the newest arrival to my Bigz Die arsenal, the Bigz XL Flower Folds. I also pulled out an old friend, the Top Note die. Of course, I just had to ink distress and add a touch of bling! May I give you a folded flower today for all you do?
- Prepare a standard card base from Pretty in Pink textured card stock. Round all four corners using the Corner Rounder. Distress using a Sponge Dauber and Chocolate Chip ink.
- Layer with "Chocolate Chip with White Dots" pattern paper from the Chocolate Chip Patterns Designer Series Paper. (I rounded all four corners and lightly distressed the edges.)
- Zip a piece of Chocolate Chip card stock through the Big Shot with the Top Note die.
- Zip a piece of Whisper White card stock through the Big Shot, once again using the Top Note die. Then zip this through the Big Shot using the "Dots" Texturz Plate. Using Paper Snips, snip off the perforated section. Distress using a Sponge Dauber and Chocolate Chip.
- Layer the Whisper White onto the Chocolate Chip, and add a snippet of Chocolate Chip Masterpiece Ribbon Originals, and pop onto the card base with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Zip a piece of Pink Passion card stock through the Big Shot with the Flower Folds Bigz XL Die. (I used the smallest of the four sizes for this card.) Distress the petals with Chocolate Chip ink. Paper pierce the edges of the petals. Add a Whisper White Jumbo Grommet to the center. Additional bling is achieved by using the larger beads from the Silver Bead Duo. (Beading is so easy with Tombow Adhesive!) Pop onto the Top Note mat with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Ink the "Petite Dots" mini background stamp from For All You Do with Pretty in Pink and stamp onto Whisper White. Ink the "For All You Do" sentiment with Chocolate Chip and stamp directly onto the dotted background. Punch out with the Curly Label Punch and pop onto the card base with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Ink the "Butterfly" image from For All You Do with Chocolate Chip and stamp onto Pink Passion card stock. Ink the "Petite Dots" mini background stamp with Whisper White and stamp on top of the Chocolate Chip butterfly. Snip out with Paper Snips. Bling the body using Tombow Adhesive and mini-beads from the Silver Bead Duo. Pop into position with Stampin' Dimensionals.
At first I complained and complained about these colors. "I don't like hot pink! The Whisper White is too white! I don't do pinks! Why am I using the Big Note die...I never use the Big Note die! This makes the fourth butterfly color I've used!" But you know what? When all was said and done, the creative gene took over. I got back into my comfort zone. It's amazing what a little Chocolate Chip ink and a Sponge Dauber can do for my morale! And suddenly, all was right with the world! Thanks to the Our Creative Corner designers, I fluttered outside of my comfort zone, stamping in pink and using butterflies. And I can honestly say that I ended up with a card with which I am pleased.
Are you looking for a challenge? There is still time to upload your creation for the Pals Paper Arts challenge. We have sent you a KISS this week. A KISS you say? Keep It Simple, Sweetie! Have fun! I am looking forward to your creations.
As always, I love your comments and emails. They are important to me. If you have any questions about this card, please do not hesitate to ask! Until next time...
Please Click Here to Order Your Stampin' Up! 24/7!