I couldn't let Mojo Monday 100 pass me by without creating a card. I rushed home right after school and began creating! My husband, bless his heart, made supper, while Brady made puppy chow for dessert. (I know...not your typical dessert, but you have to remember that this is a 19-year-old male, and it is one of the few things that he can make! It's the thought, you know!) Luck was with me, as was my mojo, and this card flew together quickly. I love the strength and majesty of the mighty oak, so I armed myself with the Autumn Splendor stamp set and Autumn Meadows Designer Series Paper. A little ink distressing and a little linen thread completed the rugged look I was trying to achieve.
- Prepare a standard card base from textured Very Vanilla. Distress the edges with Chocolate Chip ink and a Sponge Dauber.
- Select the "Leaf Montage" and "Wood" patterns from the Autumn Meadows Designer Series Paper and ink distress the edges. Layer onto Really Rust textured card stock. Add a snippet of Tempting Turquoise 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon layered over Dusty Durango Polka-Dot Grosgrain Ribbon at the interface of the two papers. (Tip: Because the ribbon was in stark contrast to the distressed paper, I "muddied" them with a Sponge Dauber and Chocolate Chip ink.)
- Ink the "Oak Leaf" image from Autumn Splendor with Basic Brown and stamp onto Very Vanilla. Color with Blender Pens and Dusty Durango, Creamy Caramel, Really Rust, and More Mustard inks. Snip out with Paper Snips and distress the edges with Chocolate Chip. Pop onto the "Grid" pattern from Autumn Meadows, which has been layered onto Wood Cuts. Once again, the edges have been ink distressed.
- Punch a Taken with Teal scalloped circle using Nestabilities and the Big Shot. Pierce the center of each scallop with the Paper Piercing Tool and distress with Chocolate Chip. Layer the image mat on top, and add four Vintage Brads in each corner of the image.
- Thread Linen Thread through the holes in two of the bottom scallops and adhere to the card base.
- Ink the "Acorns" with Basic Brown and stamp onto Very Vanilla. Color with Blender Pens, along with Creamy Caramel and Close to Cocoa inks. Punch out with the 1-1/4" Circle Punch. Ink distress the edges with Chocolate Chip and pop onto a Nestabilities scalloped circle using a Stampin' Dimensional. Position and adhere on top of the linen threads and ribbons. Add four Vintage Brads to each corner, and add to the card base.
Details, details and details are the trademark of this card. I love the "Wood Grain" pattern from this Designer Paper collection. When I first saw it, I really did not think I would. But seeing it used this way has changed my mind about it. The same thing was true about the Wood Cut sheets. Now I find that I use the Wood Cuts any time that I want to create a card with a more rustic look! And in case you are wondering about the linen thread, I wanted to create the illusion of a hanging sign.
There is still time to participate in the Pals Paper Arts inspiration challenge. Mr. Linky will close at Noon CST Tuesday! Will you be the next Pals "Artist Pick"?
Thanks for all of your "Good Luck" wishes as I started my school year. It was great to reconnect with my colleagues and get back into the swing of things. The only one who somewhat suffered today was "Missy the Boxer". Boy, was she ever happy to see Mom! She has spent the entire evening at my feet. Tomorrow will be an incredibly long day, however. Not only will we be putting in a full day of meetings, but our district's Open House and New Student Orientation begin right after our contract day begins. Yowza!
Please bear with me as I transition into the school year. I really do appreciate your comments! Many times they serve as an inspiration to me! And please do not hesitate to email me if you have a question! Until next time...
Please Click Here to Order Your Stampin' Up! Supplies Now!
Stamp Set: Autumn Splendor (116503---Available September 1)
Inks: Basic Brown (104315), Chocolate Chip (100908), More Mustard (103162), Really Rust (102549), Close to Cocoa (103139), Creamy Caramel (103220), Dusty Durango (115654)
Designer Series Paper: Autumn Meadows (116769---Available September 1)
Card Stock: Very Vanilla (101650), Wood Sheets Texture Cuts (116309), Taken with Teal (101584), Really Rust textured (108697---Earth Elements assorted), Very Vanilla textured (108693---Neutrals assorted)
Tools: Paper Piercing Tool (116631), Mat Pack (105826), 1-1/4” Circle Punch (104403), Big Shot (113439), Blender Pens (102845), Nestabilities
Embellishments: Vintage Brads (109109), Dusty Durango Polka-Dot Grosgrain Ribbon (115609), Tempting Turquoise ¼” Grosgrain Ribbon (109038)