I wanted to try my hand at something quick and easy today, and Dasher seemed to be calling my name! I love this little stamp, which is one of the under $10 stamps featured on Page 208 of the 2009-2010 Idea Book & Catalog. Since Dasher is vintage in appearance, I selected a vintage styled greeting from the Grateful Greetings set, a Holiday Mini selection which will be available September 1st. Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Valentine sentiments are also part of this set of twelve. Of course, my new found favorite ribbon, Sleigh Bells, completes the card.
- Prepare a 5-1/2" x 5-1/2" card base from Old Olive textured card stock.
- Ink Dasher in Chocolate Chip and stamp onto Very Vanilla. Repeat with Real Red and Old Olive, using the Stamp-a-ma-jig for perfect alignment. Mat onto Old Olive, followed by Real Red. As a final mat layer, use Chocolate Chip which was been punched using the Scallop Edge Punch. Adhere to the card base.
- Add a snippet of Sleigh Bells ribbon as illustrated in the photograph.
- Ink the Christmas Greetings sentiment from Grateful Greetings with Chocolate Chip and stamp onto Very Vanilla. Mat onto Old Olive. For a unique touch, use the Designer Label Punch on Real Red card stock. Cut into half horizontally, adhering a piece to both the top and bottom of the sentiment mat.
- Add two small Clear Rhinestone Circle Brads for a touch of bling.
- Adhere on top of the ribbon with Stampin' Dimensionals.
Wasn't that quick and easy? I like the vintage look and the use of the non-traditional Christmas colors of brown and olive. As for Dasher, I haven't quite decided on his style. At times he looks Deco, and at other times almost Victorian. I guess I would classify him as "Deco Victorian" and "positively precious"!
Don't forget that Wednesday is the big day. The second set of Pals Paper Arts "Artists Picks" will be named. Will you be one of the three? And, if you missed out on last week's sketch challenge, this week the PPA will feature an inspiration challenge. You can view my inspiration card here at The Stampin' Schach at 5:00 AM CST Thursday morning! Remember to "Play at PPA"!
Order Your Stampin' Up! Supplies Now!
Stamp Sets: Grateful Greetings (116511---Available September 1), Dasher (116816)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (100908), Real Red (103133), Old Olive (102277)
Paper: Old Olive textured (108697---Earth Elements Assorted), Old Olive (100702), Chocolate Chip (102128), Real Red (102482), Very Vanilla (101650)
Tools: Scallop Edge Punch (112091), Designer Label Punch (107590), Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049)
Embellishments: Sleigh Bells Ribbon (116795---Available September 1), Clear Circle Rhinestone Brads (113144)